Storey21

First Name
Trish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4 door
Hi there,

For those who have 2021 models, Jeep brought out STFA(selectable tire fill assist). It worked flawlessly with my stock wheels. When I bought new rims/tires, I asked for new TPMS sensors, instead of swapping my old ones over. Well, that decision cost me time and frustration. While the computer still reads the tire pressure, it doesn’t activate the STFA feature. Very disappointing. I’m hoping to get new OEM sensors out in my new wheels, and to keep enjoying on of my favourite features of my new jeep. Will update on Monday after I talk to the dealer who installed them. But honestly, I feel like the parts manager should’ve known when he ordered them. Moral of the story, don’t forget to insist on OEM TPMS when ordering new wheels!!
Sponsored

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
The parts manager most likely does not work or drive a jeep, and probably does not have aftermarket tires.

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
schrader 29117 TPMS are the newest generation of TPMS for the '21+ Wranglers.
the 29117 is a replacement for the 20398 which does not have the TFA
do an extensive search for the 29117 & you *should* be able to find a good deal.

when I got new tires & wheels for my daughter's '21, I got the 29117: I know the TFA works because my daughter made it quite apparent that she wasn't a fan of the jeep honking at her when she was filling the tires :CWL:

OP
OP
Storey21

Storey21

First Name
Trish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4 door
The parts manager most likely does not work or drive a jeep, and probably does not have aftermarket tires.
The sad part is he has a 2018 Sahara, and has ordered a 2022 JT. However, he’s not an enthusiast

Last edited:
OP
OP
Storey21

Storey21

First Name
Trish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4 door
Glad to hear there is an OEM alternative. It’s gonna be $60/sensor for OEM. I already paid $40/sensor, so I expect to have to only pay the difference and the dealer better be swapping those over at his expense, or there will be hell to pay.

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Are all 2021's equipped with this feature? This is the first I've heard of it. Googled it and it seems very helpful. Hope my 2dr Rubi will have this.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are all 2021's equipped with this feature? This is the first I've heard of it. Googled it and it seems very helpful. Hope my 2dr Rubi will have this.
Rubicon's will. I know the base models for 20 did not. Not sure on the 21 base models.

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Rubicon's will. I know the base models for 20 did not. Not sure on the 21 base models.
Thanks!!! I figured cause I didn't see it as a selectable option when customizing my order. Thanks again

OP
OP
Storey21

Storey21

First Name
Trish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4 door
It’s a new feature for the ‘21. Gladiators had it first.

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
TFA, first I've heard of it. So horn honks when a tire reaches a preset PSI during filling?

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the Tire Fill Assist present on all Wranglers? I have been wondering if it only accompanies the 8.4" infotainment package or if the 7" and others also provide this feature.

Thank you.
Not all Wrangler at least up until maybe 2021. As mentioned above it started in all Glads. It was in Rubicon’s for 20 but not the lower levels. Don’t think it has anything to do with the screen size, or it shouldn’t. Jeep does not do a good job advertising this feature. We have been finding out based on owner reports.

OP
OP
Storey21

Storey21

First Name
Trish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4 door
TFA, first I've heard of it. So horn honks when a tire reaches a preset PSI during filling?
You can select your PSI for front and rear independently. You can save 2 presets. It’s such a cool feature.
Warning, the honk honk is LOUD when you get to the preset PSI!

OP
OP
Storey21

Storey21

First Name
Trish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4 door
I have an update for the thread. After running these all weekend, and doing some more airing up/down, it seems that it’s working!!!
Maybe it just needed a few days to get know each other. Who knows?

This is the TPMS that they used. SS17-43041

SG19JLUR

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The latest number is actually 29093 as Schrader has decided to replace the 29117. Without those TPMS the TFA will not work. Order them here and you will save plenty.
https://www.tpmsbargains.com/Jeep-Wrangler-JL-TPMS-Sensors-s/1960.htm
Do you know if the Gladiator TPMS sensors are the same as the newer JL Sensors? I read elsewhere that the Gladiator came with the Tire Fill Assist when it was first released. I have somebody who wants to buy my 21 JLUR wheels and trade me his TPMS sensors so we don't have to break mine down.
Sponsored