Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
seems like these stick out a ways where they might be more likely to get ripped off in the rocks.

i have to wonder if they'd even fit in the recessed valve stem holes of the Mopar factory Beadlock wheels and clear the bead lock rings; i've sent a question to the mfr to inquire.

I am getting ready to buy these. I almost pulled the trigger on these while in Moab back in April, but did not want to tear down the tires while traveling.

https://www.apexdesignsusa.com/collections/rapid-precision-valve/products/rapid-precision-valve

1656763449047.png

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
Great timing on this. I'm just looking to air down to 20 or 25 for dirt roads
After reading all the posts I added the $10 set to my cart. Screw them on and look at my dash until they are close and then unscrew. If one is a little faster than the others I can use my inflator.

Has anyone seen any that are preset to 20 or 25 PSI? I suppose getting an adjustable set would work but if a preet option was available I might go that route.

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon, Jaguar XJL
Occupation
Unemployed
After reading all the posts I added the $10 set to my cart. Screw them on and look at my dash until they are close and then unscrew. If one is a little faster than the others I can use my inflator.

Has anyone seen any that are preset to 20 or 25 PSI? I suppose getting an adjustable set would work but if a preet option was available I might go that route.
I would be very Leary of trusting the dash readout. I would also be interested to know if the TPMS gave up to the second updates.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation

I only typicality run 26 to 28 psi in my 37s. So that would not be airing down for me. Dirt roads, I usually run about 17 psi.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
seems like these stick out a ways where they might be more likely to get ripped off in the rocks.

i have to wonder if they'd even fit in the recessed valve stem holes of the Mopar factory Beadlock wheels and clear the bead lock rings; i've sent a question to the mfr to inquire.
They would be fine in my ATX Slab wheels. They hav e videos on how to measure which ones you need as for as length goes. They have a regular length and an extended length set.

DewHawk

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '04 M3
Occupation
USAF F-16 Crew Chief
Am I seriously the only psycho here that uses the back of a tire gauge to drop pressure?

Jeep Wrangler JL Tire Deflators 71pdisEL1fL

I can't fathom dropping pressure being this big of a deal. I'm on 37's so maybe the peeps with 39's and 40's that big fancy deflators make sense for. 🤷‍♂️

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Am I seriously the only psycho here that uses the back of a tire gauge to drop pressure?

Jeep Wrangler JL Tire Deflators 71pdisEL1fL

I can't fathom dropping pressure being this big of a deal. I'm on 37's so maybe the peeps with 39's and 40's that big fancy deflators make sense for. 🤷‍♂️
I pull the core and when close, put them back and fine tune with the gauge.

Sponsored

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue

That's how I've been doing it and overall it's OK. Getting old so threading on deflators and waiting two minutes sis attractive

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I just use these, I use my timer on my phone and when it hits 2 minutes I'm down to 18 psi. Just put all 4 on at once and remove them in the same sequence and in 2 minutes you're gold! This is for my current 295/70/17 so if you're running 37s it might take 3.5 minutes, just a simple few minutes w/ your stopwatch to get the time down :)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QMPVYK9?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
length isn't the only consideration; the way the valve stems are recessed into some wheels (like Mopar Beadlocks) it's difficult to even get at them with fingers, and there's a good chance the lockrings will interfere with them.

They would be fine in my ATX Slab wheels. They hav e videos on how to measure which ones you need as for as length goes. They have a regular length and an extended length set.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
length isn't the only consideration; the way the valve stems are recessed into some wheels (like Mopar Beadlocks) it's difficult to even get at them with fingers, and there's a good chance the lockrings will interfere with them.
Mine don’t interfere at all and I have prob one of the deepest recess on a wheel. You are right the pull tab is a little tricky. If my fingers were any fatter I would likely need to come up with a pull tool. But hey, 1.5 PSI a second. No waiting around for me 🤣
Sponsored