Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Which AT tires are best for mainly highway but still have aggressive looking sidewalls?
The Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT will have the most aggressive sidewalls, and actually probably the best overall AT on the market right now. I believe they have a 50k mile treadlife too!

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT will have the most aggressive sidewalls, and actually probably the best overall AT on the market right now. I believe they have a 50k mile treadlife too!
They do look good. Do you happen to have any pictures of them on a Jeep?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
This was a good idea but the number of reviews for each tire is pretty low. Go to Tirerack or Costco and see what people are saying. The reviews there are in the hundreds and are much more relevant. In the end just but what you think looks coolest if that is a big criteria.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
This was a good idea but the number of reviews for each tire is pretty low. Go to Tirerack or Costco and see what people are saying. The reviews there are in the hundreds and are much more relevant. In the end just but what you think looks coolest if that is a big criteria.
I don't know if I'd say they're "much more relevant" since the ratings on those sites are for any type of vehicle. Yes, they do have Jeeps on there too, so I wouldn't discredit them.
The idea for this chart was that we have a community of JL owners who have used the tires on the same model vehicle as we're shopping for. Maybe it's just me, but 3 reviews on a JL seems more relevant than 50 reviews on an F-350 or some other vehicle.
At the end of the day, I'd use those sites in conjunction with these ratings. But that's just my opinion.

Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT - Really aggressive looking sidewall but the most quiet AT tire you'll ever put on your Jeep. 60k treadlife.
Yeah, they're pretty good tires. They seem to be gaining popularity too so word must be getting out.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
I hate the BFG Ko2. Slide in the rain too much.

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
They aren't the worst tires I've ever had in the rain, but not the best either. Your observations is certainly consistent with the average ratings, with wet traction being its lowest scoring category.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Follow-up to my other review when they were new...

Size 315/70r17

After over 25k miles on the Firestone MT2, I will be buying them again. Still have life left in these but will replace within next few thousand miles.

Have been spot on in mud/trails/creeks, highway (noisy, duh), rain, and great in snow.

Have not done a stellar job rotating and it shows not across each individual tire tread (uneven wear), but the fronts are different height than back tires.

Sponsored

Edo-Vegas

First Name
Edgar M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Nitto Ridge Grappler after 5200 miles
315 70 17

Noise - was a 9 until 3000 miles now 7 hope it dont get worse
Ride - 8
Dry - 9
Wet - 8
Snow - haven't tired yet
Trail - 9
Look - 10
Overall - 8

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
I love the Cooper AT3's and like the KO2's - but after having both I went with the KO2's this last purchase for 37's (36.5 - cheaters ;)) as they handled the snow a bit better in my humble opinion
Those Mickeys look like a good thing too though so....
Go with any of these 3 and I'll bet your not the least bit disappointed
Go with the Wang-Foo brand and perhaps save some coin today and then next year revisit this very post to choose wisely after your boned on crappy tires :mad:
Jeep Wrangler JL Tire comparisons, Owner ratings chart.  What's good and what's hype 1_iYr71Ldue8Ry8qYVevXnrw

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Is the updated chart stored somewhere?
I replace the chart on page 1 every time I update it with new reviews.
Otherwise, it's just an exel file on my computer.

*Edit: I updated the chart to include a revision date on the bottom right corner. I'll include this on all future revisions so people know how recent it is.
Sponsored