Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Those milestars don't deserve that dry rating, I've ran those and the Cooper STT Pro's and now the KM3 and both are far better.
You may like the others better, but that score based on 4 reviews so it's not like it was just one person who really liked them. They all seem to have liked them pretty well.
Likewise, the KM3 and STT Pro both have 3 reviews, so it's not just a single perspective. I realize 3-4 is a pretty small sample size for averages, but it's better than a single opinion. The more reviews we get the better representation the chart provides of each tire.

Feel free to give your ratings for all three, and I'll add them.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
2021 Date Coded 35/12.50r17 Kenda Klever RT.

Noise. 10 - As quiet as BFG KO2 tires with a slight hum.

Ride. 10 - Handle as well as the BFGs and Coopers I've run in the past. Zero issues.

Dry. 10 - Zero issues with the Diesel torque. Tire compound is soft and grips amazing.

Wet. 8 - Driving like a normal human being these handle perfect. When I intentionally try to throw myself in the seat on wet pavement these will break free.

Snow. X - No snow use.

Trail. 10 - Running these on a 7.5 wide rim, feel very confident airing down to 12 PSI. Handle very well with aggressive sidewall.

Look. 8 - I initially didn't care for the look, but absolutely love them now.

Overall. 9.5 - Would recommend to anyone. Balanced with less weight than the BFGs.

Wear. X - Not enough use to demonstrate any wear issues, or confidently say they wear well.
Nice to hear, the narrower 35x10.5x17 have an almost cult following over on the Gladiator site w/ many stellar reviews
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/kenda-klever-r-t-kr601-35x10-50r17.28656/

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pretty cool thread idea, looks like you've put good thought into this as well :)

Having owned several 4x4s way back in the stone age the tires that I ran are no longer in production (or at least the current versions are significantly different).

So I can only go by the lame Michelin Mini Van tires that came on our JL and the Milestar Patagonias that I'm currently running.

For a MT (or hybrid MT to be more specific) the Milestars are louder than the stock tires but not objectionable. I think not being a true MT tread helps in that regard as their is a lot more rubber meeting the road in the center section of the tread block. Mine are E-rated so the ride is firmed up a bit, but I'm running stock suspension so the ride is really good IMO. Only some mild off-roading thus far as I only have about 600 miles on the tires. Tires balanced very easily (tires were indexed properly at the shop) and have no vibrations at hwy speeds. I'm running hub-centric wheels so this also could help in lack of any vibration.
As far as looks go, gotten many positive comments w/ most really liking the unique sidewall edge and the aggressive tread block, the raised outlining in the lettering also has gotten some good comments, so IMO the looks would be at least an 8!

So far I would say these tires are performing very well in all they've been exposed to, I will post updates as time goes on.
As far as ratings down the line as per OPs requests
Noise 7.5
Ride 8
Dry 8
Look 8+
Overall 8+
(other ratings I haven't tried yet)
Hope to see a lot of feedback in this thread from many tire choices, should be very valuable down the road!
Need to update as I now have a couple years on them now.
I've had them in the cold & the wet since my initial post and IMO these are poor tires for those conditions, pretty slick in the rain on asphalt and in freezing conditions you really need to be careful. I didn't expect them to be very good in those two aspects but they are worse than I thought they'd be. They still perform ok in the dry conditions but have been wearing quick, I think 25k miles is about what I can expect. So I would give Wet rating a 4, Cold/Freezing a 3, so the overall drops to a 6 when wear is factored in. I would not buy these again.

I have a new set of Mickey Thompson ATZ P3s in a 315/70 that I can't wait to get installed, should be a huge improvement in every aspect over the Patagonias.

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
BFG KM3: 39x13.50x17 400 miles so far
Noise - 10
Ride - 10 (C load range)
Dry - 10
Wet - x
Snow -x
Trail - 10
Look - 10
Overall - 10
Wear -x

previous tire
Goodyear MT/R: 37x12.5x17 4,000 miles
Noise - 8
Ride - 5 (D load range)
Dry - 10
Wet - x
Snow -x
Trail - 9
Look - 5
Overall - 5
Wear -5 (I bought used and they had a hard previous life)

15ECA275-360B-487E-B655-7152127946BA.jpeg

5074AE05-0E61-42A1-A3A3-CB8539839AED.jpeg

F7EB6B98-3EC9-4F9D-BC37-837EB1F30387.jpeg

D38EAEFB-EBC1-40C3-BFD1-7007247194A5.jpeg

68956B39-59C0-4125-A675-D5FDB67516D0.jpeg

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
The chart is updated for all 3.
BTW I love the dog image. They really seem to be enjoying it.

Sponsored

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
I've had these Cooper STT Pros on my Jeep now for about 8 months. I love these tires. They have been great in all conditions!

Cooper Discoverer STT Pro: 315/70R17 about 6K miles
Noise - 8 (I like the hum, but not for everyone)
Ride - 7 (E load range is a turn off for many, but I don't find them too stiff at all)
Dry - 9
Wet - 8.5
Snow - 8
Trail - 9
Look - 9 (would prefer black sidewall on both sides in this size, but otherwise love the look)
Overall - 9
Wear - x (not enough miles yet, but so far they are wearing well and still look new)

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
The STT Pro seems to rate pretty well. I considered them when I bought my Wildpeaks, but the slightly better noise and snow ratings swayed me to the Falken. I like the look of the Cooper better though.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The STT Pro seems to rate pretty well. I considered them when I bought my Wildpeaks, but the slightly better noise and snow ratings swayed me to the Falken. I like the look of the Cooper better though.
The STT Pros really are quite an accomplishment, they check most of the boxes, and aren't a super-heavy tire. For the aggressive tread you'd expect a quick wearing tire but 50k miles on these isn't unheard of. The only thing that kept STT Pros from being my next tire was the buy 3 get 1 free deal on my Mickey Thompsons. I think I'll be just about as happy w/ the M/Ts but those STTs have that perfect look!

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I had a set of Mickey Thompson Baja on a Ram, and although they performed well they were rather loud. I've been afraid to try M.T. tires since then, although I know not all tread patterns will sound the same.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
I have stuck with BFG KO/KO2 for the most part on past Jeeps. Except for one of my TJs I had Goodyear MTRs. The KOs are great tires all around, and when I was out west never thought twice about any other tire. But after my first trip to Drummond Island with this JL I knew I needed to switch to a MT again. The KO2s just got too caked in mud. I was close to buying Toyos, but the Coopers had the edge being they are on the lighter end of the weight spectrum.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I had a set of MTR's on mine and my wife's Dakotas back before Goodyear updated them. They were pretty loud, but man did they grip. I think the Mickey Thompson I had on my Ram were louder than the MTR but with years in between it's hard to compare them. That's where things like this chart come in handy.

damageinc321

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
20210915_150728.jpg
[
ATTACH=full]510707[/ATTACH]
I have 37x12.5x17 Yokohama geolander mt's
Noise 10
Ride 10
Wet 7
Snow x
I'm actually looking for a 37 or 35" at tire to run on stock rims for winter. I would love a load range c or d 3 peak tire. Aggressive looking load c 37x12.5x17 3 peak tire would kill it if they made more of them.

20210911_161828.jpg

DigitalDiem

First Name
Capn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Falken Wildpeak AT3W

255/75/R18

Noise 10
Ride 10
Dry 10
Wet 9
Snow x
Trail 9
Look 9

I replaced the Factory Bridgestone with these in the OE size at 4k miles. I am not lifted and I don't do much mud or Rock crawling. These ride really good, quiet and get's me through everything I need to go through. A great alternative if you are staying in the OE size range. Haven't seen winter yet with these In the Jeep so I can't comment. I have KO2 on my Silverado Z71 4wd that are great and My Wife has these Falkens on her '17 Colorado Z71 4wd. I can say hers does great all the way around. We have had hers on for 2 snow seasons and they have been great on her truck. The wear on hers at 42K miles is great. Looks like they could go another 42K.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tire comparisons, Owner ratings chart.  What's good and what's hype 20210911_161828
These tires have been great with one exception, they don't wear as well as they have on the wife's Colorado ( which is gone as she traded for a 2021 Ram) I have 40K miles on them and looking to replace them. They are getting louder and are cupping. NO matter what tire pressure or rotation frequency they are cupping. New Shocks as well. New Iron Steering box, ETC. Alignment spot on. May try TOYO next.

RNLROCK

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4XE Sahara
I replaced my Bridgestone OEM tires with the Continental TerrainContact A/T tires.

Beware! I have had them road-force balanced twice since the original installation and they are still not balanced. I read quite a few reviews that claim the same thing.

My dealer is swapping them out for the Falken WildPeaks.

DigitalDiem

First Name
Capn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I replaced my Bridgestone OEM tires with the Continental TerrainContact A/T tires.

Beware! I have had them road-force balanced twice since the original installation and they are still not balanced. I read quite a few reviews that claim the same thing.

My dealer is swapping them out for the Falken WildPeaks.
Good Luck with the Falkens. Mine are being replaced with 39589 miles on them with TOYO Open Country AT3. I wish they would have worn Better. They were great on the Wife's Colorado. Initially they were great on the Jeep. I am a stickler on tire pressure and keeping things aligned and rotated. The Falkens are just worn out.
Sponsored