Sponsored
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, YJ
I see a lot of talk about Fallon Wildpeak, I put them on my new Tundra, rotated them every 5,000, wear was all over the place, one had pretty good runout, I sold them after 20,000 miles. I had a friend with the same experience. The Falkens did go good in the snow and mud. I bought BFG KO’2 like I had in the past, almost 30,000 on them and they still look really good. I’m wondering if the Falkens don’t do well with weight of heavier vehicles. Another thing I was wondering was if maybe the wet traction issues people are having with the KO2 is from wide tires and low ground pressure? I’ve never had any wet traction issues with the KO2 on either of my trucks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
James, your ratings have been added.
Nathan, there is definitely a difference between which vehicle a tire is on. Actually, that's one of the reasons for this tread. I wanted to know how various tires were on the Wrangler. I've heard of some tires that wear like mad on trucks, but don't hear any of those statements on Jeeps. I'm sure other aspect are probably affected too.
FWIW, I never had any wet traction issues with the KO2's on my wife's Grand Cherokee. As you pointed out though they weren't wide, and I kept them inflated to about 32 psi. I don't air down for trails, I'm not doing anything so extreme that a fully inflated tire won't get by. I wonder if width and pressure are the culprit.

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
The Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 are looking like my front runners now thoughts?

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Had a chance to run the Firestone MT2's (315/70r17) in deep snow up a 19deg grade and on streets in recent sub 20F and snow storm. Have performed stellar.

Not like a dedicated snow tire but full confidence when driving.

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2012 JKU Sahara
I always thought the STT Pro was the pinnacle of Jeep tires until I got my Maxxis RAZR MT. From a subjective standpoint, I think they look better and more aggressive. They are quieter and handle rain better on road. Off road performance is on par with the STT and maybe a bit better because it clears mud slightly better. The Maxxis was also less expensive. Long term treadwear is TBD as I only have about 10k miles on them.

8 months later and I still think these are the best MT tire I have owned.

Noise 8 - Pleasantly Surprised for a MT. Maybe slightly quieter than the STT Pro
Ride 9 - Smooth and Straight; no radial pull
Dry 10 - awesome
Wet 9 - No Slippage
Snow ?? - have only had flurries with no significant accumulation
Trail 10 - Amazing and no issues airing down to 12psi on standard wheels
Mud 10 - Clears mud very well
Look 10 - One of the Best Looking Tires IMO
Wear 9 - They still look like new! No tread chunking like I experienced with the STT Pro
Overall 9 - Overall very satisfied and would buy again.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
That right there is a glowing review. Glad to hear it.
Chart's been updated.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
8 months later and I still think these are the best MT tire I have owned.

Noise 8 - Pleasantly Surprised for a MT. Maybe slightly quieter than the STT Pro
Ride 9 - Smooth and Straight; no radial pull
Dry 10 - awesome
Wet 9 - No Slippage
Snow ?? - have only had flurries with no significant accumulation
Trail 10 - Amazing and no issues airing down to 12psi on standard wheels
Mud 10 - Clears mud very well
Look 10 - One of the Best Looking Tires IMO
Wear 9 - They still look like new! No tread chunking like I experienced with the STT Pro
Overall 9 - Overall very satisfied and would buy again.
Curious about the new Maxxis RAZR AT, tread looks similar to a Ridge Grappler but has 3 peak snow rating and lighter weight.
https://www.maxxis.com/catalog/tire-588-104-razr-at

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
@SSinGA lots of folks must know how good those Maxxis MTs are, the price has risen a lot since I first checked them out, were about $250 for a 315/70/17 a few months ago, now the same price as STT Pros around $320 per.

Bikemobile

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Vehicle Showcase
I think the BFG Ko2 “looks” better than the Falken Wildpeak AT3W but I know the AT3W is a better tire. I have them on two vehicles, a GMC 1500 pickup in P275/55-20 and on my JL in LTC 285/70-17. Amazing in snow, offroad, rocks, mud, hot pavement, etc.

Ive had bfg’s, generals, Duratracs(great on snow) and the falkens are the best overall tire ive ever had. I would put them on everything. We also get FEET of snow between November and March.

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2012 JKU Sahara
@SSinGA lots of folks must know how good those Maxxis MTs are, the price has risen a lot since I first checked them out, were about $250 for a 315/70/17 a few months ago, now the same price as STT Pros around $320 per.
Maybe I need to change my rating :giggle: I got my 37's for $250 per tire!

Sponsored

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
The Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 are looking like my front runners now thoughts?
I put these on my JKUR and was very happy. I ended up buying a JLUR and new wheels and tires were my first purchase. I was happy enough with the first set that I bought them again. They have done very well in rain, heavy snow and rock crawling. They are more noisy than an AT but not nearly as noisy as a MT.

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
I put these on my JKUR and was very happy. I ended up buying a JLUR and new wheels and tires were my first purchase. I was happy enough with the first set that I bought them again. They have done very well in rain, heavy snow and rock crawling. They are more noisy than an AT but not nearly as noisy as a MT.
That’s good to know! Ended up (after a crap ton of research) with the General Grabber ATX- couldn’t be happier! Excellent in the rain, felt solid on all the wet pavement and giant puddles, excellent in the snow, and quiet and smooth on the road. Taking them to some trails next week and I’m guessing they’ll be great there, too!

Bikemobile

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Vehicle Showcase
That’s good to know! Ended up (after a crap ton of research) with the General Grabber ATX- couldn’t be happier! Excellent in the rain, felt solid on all the wet pavement and giant puddles, excellent in the snow, and quiet and smooth on the road. Taking them to some trails next week and I’m guessing they’ll be great there, too!
I had the previous generation of General Grabber AT2 on a jeep and a truck and they were awesome. Like any tire keep them rotated though. Mine got worn a little funny and got noisy. Maybe the revision (atx) will be better about that.

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
I'm surprised there's little to no feedback on the Toyo OC ATIII tires. I thought they were supposed to be the Falken WP A/T3 slayer. I haven't seen anything about them in snow/winter conditions. Are they not catching on?

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Apparently not.
Sponsored