First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Very surprised at everyone’s wet ratings for the KO2’s, as my experience has been downright scary in the rain.

KO2 (stock Rubi):
Noise - 8
Ride - 10
Dry - 10
Wet - 5
Snow - 10
Trail - x
Look - 10
Overall - 9
Wear - 9

Dueller (stock Sahara):
Noise - 10
Ride - 10
Dry - 10
Wet - 10
Snow - 6
Trail - x
Look - 7
Overall - 8
Wear - x (sold)

All opinion based, great thread and much thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Very surprised at everyone’s wet ratings for the KO2’s, as my experience has been downright scary in the rain.

KO2 (stock Rubi):
Noise - 8
Ride - 10
Dry - 10
Wet - 5
Snow - 10
Trail - x
Look - 10
Overall - 9
Wear - 9

Dueller (stock Sahara):
Noise - 10
Ride - 10
Dry - 10
Wet - 10
Snow - 6
Trail - x
Look - 7
Overall - 8
Wear - x (sold)

All opinion based, great thread and much thanks!
Those opinions are exactly what makes this chart work. For a technical comparison we could test the various rubber compounds and tread patterns to determine their coefficient of friction on different surfaces. That will be very technical, boring, and much like mpg ratings, not typical of actual user results. The ratings being subjective gives us an idea of how actual users view the tires.
Thanks for participating.

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I look at someone like Chris Schontz. --- venture4wd.com --- . I know he is a smart traveller and he rides on KO2 .
I'm hooked on his show. Watch every episode. However, he put his Rubi on its side driving on slimy northern Quebec gravel roads. I'm really impressed how he recovered, with help. That Rubi and its tires have really served him well. Frankly he's a hero of mine, the way he travels. I'm wishing him safe journeys....

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I'm hooked on his show. Watch every episode. However, he put his Rubi on its side driving on slimy northern Quebec gravel roads. I'm really impressed how he recovered, with help. That Rubi and its tires have really served him well. Frankly he's a hero of mine, the way he travels. I'm wishing him safe journeys....
he does his own thing his own way and his you tube channel is quite different from the other series , I think as well it's his own independent way of thinking that I can understand so well

Sponsored

MeanPeachMojito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester, 2019 JLU Sport S
First, Thank you for this very informative post, Winchell. I am still running stock, but I would love to know of anyone running General Grabbers, specifically the ATX.

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
My old neighbor had them on his Ranger. They looked pretty good. No idea how he liked them though. So far nobody here has reviewed them either.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
Ok I’ll go. I don’t see it on the list. Goodyear Wrangler MTR With Kevlar 35/12.5/17.

Noise: 5 they are pretty loud.
Ride: 8 nice hwy ride however the lugs can be felt at slower speeds.
Dry: 7
Wet: 7
Snow: 4 like most mud terrain tires not good for snow
Trail: 10 beaten them on many hard trails for 20k without any Damage.
Look: 7
Overall: 8
Wear: 9 20k On them and I think I’ll get 40k or more.

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I'm surprised it took the MTR this long to be rated. It's on the list now, that's for adding your feedback.

LSguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
I'll do an initial review, and update it when I have a chance to evaluate snow and wear.

Destination MT/2 (Stock Willys tire)

Noise - 9
Ride - 9
Dry - 8.5
Wet - 5
Snow - X
Trail - 9
Look - 10
Overall - 8
Wear - X

Impressions so far are that this is a pretty decent tire. Its very quiet on the highway with very little to no real vibration. It has performed very well on the minor trails I've been on. I think it looks great. Dry performance is honestly pretty good for a MT on road. It'll hang on through most of what you throw at it, but very aggressive stopping can lead to a slide. Wet performance is honestly sub par. Semi aggressive cornering and moderate braking will cause a slide. Hard braking at highway speeds feel like it's on ice. It's drivable, but I always take corners much slower and leave more than plenty of following space.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Thanks for the ratings, they've been added.
FWIW, I'm not surprised about the wet traction. It's not uncommon for aggressive tire to be a bit dicey in the rain or light snow.

Alex D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Willy's Wheeler, tank, half doors
Can someone tell me the difference in noise and drivability for the Patagonia MT vs Nitto Ridge Grapplers?
I have Ridge Grapplers on my F150 and the OEM KO2 on my Jeep. The Ridge Grapplers are a tad noisier but not bad They hum between 30 mph and 50 mph but quieten miraculously down to no noise at highway speeds. I absolutely hate the rock-throwing of the KO2 and therefore think about an MT tire. There only the Patagonia MT comes in for me. Since I commute in the Jeep and my wife would hate the noise as well it would be great to hear from someone how the noise of the Patagonia MT compares to a KO2 or Ridge Grapplers? Thank you!!

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Maybe someone who's had both can chime in and help, but based on the ratings so far, the KO2 is a bit quieter than the Patagonia (9.3 vs 8.6).
The KO2 is the second quietest tire on the chart, so most AT/MT tires are probably going to be little louder than they are. The only tire rated better for noise is the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 3 (They were OEM on my upgraded Sahara wheels).
FWIW, I didn't think the KO2's were loud at all on my wife's Grand Cherokee. Since the Patagonia is rated so close, I doubt they'd be annoying loud. Of course they are rated worse than the Ridge Grapplers (rated 9.0) so I wouldn't be surprised if they made a little more noise than both tires you're currently running.

KO2 = 9.3, Ridge Grappler = 9.0, Patagonia = 8.6 (as rated by people here on the forum, as of the time of this response).
Hope that helps until someone who's had both can give some input.

1911addict

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL
I put Falken Wildpeak on my sons JLUS at the dealer and in 14 inches of snow, we did not have to hit 4wd at all. Awesome tires

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Falken Wildpeak MT (stock tires on my 20 Rubi). I've got 7k on these driving + 6k towed behind motorhome.

Noise - 7
Ride - 7
Dry - 8.5
Wet - 6
Snow - X
Trail - 9
Look - 10
Overall - 8
Wear - 7

They have lost about 2 32s" of tread so far, but following our coach does add wear. Coming from an AT tire, these are a little noisier, but off road they shine. The Jeep has spent about 2/3 of it's life off road in Idaho, Oregon, and Washington. I've also found bigger tire lugs pick up bigger rocks to sling at the mirrors and rear fenders, so I installed RokBlokz flaps (after the damage was done):headbang:

Jeep Wrangler JL Tire comparisons, Owner ratings chart.  What's good and what's hype 28890F82603E440DA5CAF5F446AFCA49
Jeep Wrangler JL Tire comparisons, Owner ratings chart.  What's good and what's hype 20200825_110122
Sponsored

Last edited: