Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
We've got Wildpeak on my wife's Renegade. They are extremely quiet. Great tires.
I haven't heard how the the KM3 compares the KM2 regarding noise, but the KM2 are pretty loud on the freeway. Not bad around town, but they're not road trip tires.
I hear good things about the Trail Grapper too, but like the KM3 I haven't tired them yet.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Thanks for the ratings, the chart has been updated with it.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Firestone MT2's:
Noise - 8
Ride - 9 (E load range)
Dry - 9
Wet - 8
Snow -8
Trail - 9
Look - 9
Overall - 9
Wear -9

mjohns57

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I think you have opened pandoras box . It would be interesting to plug all the data into JMP(or other stastical software). You have not specifically asked for regions, but it would be slick to see stats on which tires rate best by region too. Then you can look not only at the "best" tire, but the best tires by region.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Oh yeah, you could make a wildly detailed list. Things like "trail" could easily be broken down into at least 4 sub categories, and "snow" could be at least 3. The problem with adding too many sub categories, or being too specific, is that you eventually lose the comparison. That's actually part of the problem I was having when looking for tires, and eventually decided to start this thread.
I'd see a tire that was great in deep snow, but didn't say how it did in light snow or ice. Then I'd see another tire that was good on ice, but didn't say how it did in deep or light snow. By calling categories "snow" or "trail" which are a bit more broad forces you to consider all aspects of that particular condition. So you take into account that maybe it does great on powder, but sucks on pack. So you rate it accordingly. Other reviewers do the same so you get a general idea of the tire rather than very specific ideas of each one. With a general impression of each tire you can compare them more easily.
Not to say that area specific wouldn't be nice to have. Just that too much detail muddies the water.

Hayseed, your review is added.

Last edited:

DigitalDiem

First Name
Capn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Falken Wildpeak AT3W

255/75/R18

Noise 10
Ride 10
Dry 10
Wet 9
Snow x
Trail 9
Look 9

I replaced the Factory Bridgestone with these in the OE size at 4k miles. I am not lifted and I don't do much mud or Rock crawling. These ride really good, quiet and get's me through everything I need to go through. A great alternative if you are staying in the OE size range. Haven't seen winter yet with these In the Jeep so I can't comment. I have KO2 on my Silverado Z71 4wd that are great and My Wife has these Falkens on her '17 Colorado Z71 4wd. I can say hers does great all the way around. We have had hers on for 2 snow seasons and they have been great on her truck. The wear on hers at 42K miles is great. Looks like they could go another 42K.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tire comparisons, Owner ratings chart.  What's good and what's hype 2G7A3299 resized.JPG

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
The Falken AT3W are updated. One public response, one private. Both rate them very well. In fact, it's our first tire to score all green (8+) across the board. Impressive. Maybe it's time to swap my KM2's.... if they come in 285/75/17 of course. :)

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I’ve owned many brands of tires, on many brands of 4x4’s over 40+ years. I now have 35,000+ miles on 37x12.5r17 Cooper STT Pros. Be it 80 MPH interstate slogs, aggressive cornering on mountain road , sand, mud, snow and rocks. They are as good as a DOT approved mud traction tire gets IMO.
Jeep Wrangler JL Tire comparisons, Owner ratings chart.  What's good and what's hype tram road with sierras in background

All 10’s and made in America. Haha, top that ! BTW, thats Owens Valley and Hwy 395 below with Mt. Whitney at 14,505 ft. in the background , can’t top that in the lower 48 either.
https://trucktirereviews.com/the-best-mud-terrain-tires/

Last edited:

CMâ›°

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
After wearing out the stock KO2's, I went with Cooper STT Pro's about a month ago

Noise 8 - Pleasantly Surprised
Ride 9 - Smooth and Straight; Very Surprised
Dry 10 - Grip is insane with these
Wet 9 - So far, so good. No Slippage
Snow ? - Too Soon for a Rating
Trail 10 - Amazing
Look 10 - One of the Best Looking Tires for the JL for sure!
Overall 9 - Expected a big drop off from my KO2's in some areas, but overall very satisfied
Wear ? - Too Soon for a Rating

Jeep Wrangler JL Tire comparisons, Owner ratings chart.  What's good and what's hype Texas Hill Country Overland-3

Jeep Wrangler JL Tire comparisons, Owner ratings chart.  What's good and what's hype Texas Hill Country Overland-4

Jeep Wrangler JL Tire comparisons, Owner ratings chart.  What's good and what's hype IMG_3006

Sponsored

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Absolutely agree about the look. The STT Pro were on my short list of tires when I bought mine.

Maxlto

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi, 2.5 lift, 37s
Absolutely agree about the look. The STT Pro were on my short list of tires when I bought mine.
Cooper STT Pro’s:

Noise - 9
Ride - 9
Dry - 10
Wet - 8.5
Snow -0
Trail - 9
Look - 9
Overall - 9
Wear -9

Love these!

E9B6A9A7-6E69-46E4-A38D-48D83A3EA551.jpeg

AFA2BE0C-E6BE-4EC3-AE97-047F7788E781.jpeg

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2012 JKU Sahara
I always thought the STT Pro was the pinnacle of Jeep tires until I got my Maxxis RAZR MT. From a subjective standpoint, I think they look better and more aggressive. They are quieter and handle rain better on road. Off road performance is on par with the STT and maybe a bit better because it clears mud slightly better. The Maxxis was also less expensive. Long term treadwear is TBD as I only have about 10k miles on them.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
It would be great for the reviewers to come back and give a second rating when their tires are at the half life point.

whiteglad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I used a set of Falken AT3W in 235-80-17E for 15,000 miles on my JKURR. I would rate them all 10s with two caveats: 1, not much mudding, only light mud when raining on dirt road in central NV; and 2, gas mileage not as good as highway treads (maybe 1.5 mpg less) No worse than other AT or MT tires however. Great in rain and snow, such as I70 going to Denver in a snowstorm. Great handling, dry and wet.

Recently I sought AT's to replace the light weight (34 lb) stock Bridgestone AT tires on my new JT. After some study and advice on another forum, I got 255-80-17E Falken AT3W. These tires are amazing--10 lb. lighter than the C rated AT3W's that come on Rubicons, slightly taller, and over an inch narrower (better in snow, etc.).
Sponsored