Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
I see what you're getting at, but the bumpers are so soft that they're not able to tip the tire inward at the top. The wheel is sitting completely flat against the spare carrier. I've decided I'm going to try making a small spacer out of some HDPE plastic to place between the wheel and the carrier. Somewhere around 1/4 to 3/8" should be sufficient. There will still be plenty of engagement on the lug nut studs, the spare will still be pressed firmly against the bumpers, and it should not make the wheel stick out far enough to obscure the rear view camera. We'll see how it goes...
Sponsored

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
So for an update, I started playing around with this a little bit tonight to see if I could figure out a solution. Turns out that with NO spare tire mounted on tailgate, and the CHMSL frame in the upper position, there is still interference between the CHMSL frame and the rear wiper arm. It's not actually my spare pushing the frame into the wiper (though I'm sure its not helping), it's the shape of the frame that's the issue. It is narrow at the top and then it widens at a "shoulder" as it makes its way down to the uprights. In the upper position, the shoulder is right where the wipe arm is at.

brow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU
So I tried adjusting the rear brake light that can supposedly go up a few inches to accommodate a larger tire. However once you mount and tighten your tire the light crushes the rear window wiper and makes it unavoidable when you turn it on. Has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks for confirming the light contacts the wiper, I thought I did something wrong! What an overight by how ridiculous. Damn
Sponsored