Tire carrier bracket install ?

mrbtd

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara
I am going to be mounting up a EAG spare tire relocation bracket which is nearly identical to the Rough Country one. I am stumped on one thing...The EAG bracket install instructions call for removing the rear tailgate panel and disconnecting the Reverse camera and 3rd tail light connectors then pull them through the grommet.

What is stopping me from having a buddy hold the carrier while I install the bracket then slide it on ? Looks like the grommet is to the left and well out of the way.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to be mounting up a EAG spare tire relocation bracket which is nearly identical to the Rough Country one. I am stumped on one thing...The EAG bracket install instructions call for removing the rear tailgate panel and disconnecting the Reverse camera and 3rd tail light connectors then pull them through the grommet.

What is stopping me from having a buddy hold the carrier while I install the bracket then slide it on ? Looks like the grommet is to the left and well out of the way.
So, your keeping the factory tire carrier and not doing anything with the tailgate hinges? Just installing a spacer between the carrier and gate? If so, than I agree that it doesn't need to be as invasive if you have a buddy preventing the carrier from hanging by the wiring harness while you mount the spacer.

OP
OP

mrbtd

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara
@Headbarcode thanks !

I was referring to reusing the stock carrier with a relocation bracket. There was no need to get into the back panel or disassemble the brake light like I have seen in other instructions. I had someone hold it while I put the bracket on.
Sponsored