Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
Those two are the worst.

The Terra Crappler had such horrible reviews on Shitto's own website that when they totally revamped the website a year or two ago all of those reviews magically disappeared. Crazy, huh? My roommate ran them on his Chevy pickup and they wore so poorly that he said never again!

The Ridge Crappler has a reputation for being absolutely horrendous in snow and rain. They last a long time because the compound is so hard. But that hard compound makes them dangerous in foul weather and not good in the rocks off road either.

Just terrible tires. And we're not even getting into the balancing issues, etc.

It's not just 4x4s. I bought a set of Shitto "Motivo" tires for my Mustang GT two years ago. The tire shop said the road force numbers were worse than most truck tires they see. One took a ton of weights to even be usable. Another was so bad it wasn't usable. Had to get them to send me a new tire and refund that one. Just awful....
In my unprofessional opinion, it sounds like you have a Poo-poo, doo-doo, butthole fetish.
I ran Nitto NT01 on my Mustang and my C7. Still run them on my Ghia. I have run Terra Grapplers on my work tucks for years, no issues in rain or snow.

echelon37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon, 2022 Gobi on order!
Falken Wildpeak AT for sure. Best tire I've ever had in the rain or snow.

Sponsored

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
My Milestar Patagonia tires are great off road when aired down. But they are scary on wet pavement. Have weak sidewalls and the price is the same as most other big brands now.
For dedicated off road rig they are great but not a dd.

Skyvet

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
I ran the 35" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ P3. Loved those tires. However, after they sold getting a set of their tires has become extremely difficult (Was looking for a set of 40"). Went with Toyo Open Country M/T 40". Time will tell but they sure look good.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
My Milestar Patagonia tires are great off road when aired down. But they are scary on wet pavement. Have weak sidewalls and the price is the same as most other big brands now.
For dedicated off road rig they are great but not a dd.
Agree w/ this 100% I got my 295/70 Pats before I got my Jeep in 2018 when they were only $124 per tire, now they are twice that much :( For the cheap price they've exceeded expections, at the current price there are much better options, and yeah, wet & freezing temps they can be scary :(

Sponsored

Bambamzx10

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler
I also was a fan of the Patagonia’s. Had them on my Tacoma and loved them. I’ve very new to the Jeep world but I’ve heard nothing but great things about the Falken Wildpeaks.
Jeep Wrangler JL Tire Brands - the Good and the Bad 2A9BA022-9AF2-418B-B17A-D4E9F59C2C3C

AussieJLOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Overland Unlimited
Have a look at the MAXXIS RAZR AT's. Put a set on my JLU & they've been great on road & offroad. A nice aggressive tread pattern & are wearing very well. So far they've done over 20k klms without any issues. Relatively new to the market in the past 2 years but all in all they've performed very well & are well worth a look. They are also very competitively priced. I used to run bf Goodrich but they became too overpriced & they changed the rubber compound with the k02's so they don't wear as well now & don't last as many klms as the old ones did.
Jeep Wrangler JL Tire Brands - the Good and the Bad 20210616_145404

Last edited:

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Cooper Tires manufactures Mickey Thompson and Dick Cecek brands. I bought a 5-pack of Cooper Evolution M/Ts in 35/12.5x17 for running the Rubicon this summer. I think they’ll do quite well.

Michelin owns BFG. I love their KO2s for low noise, great street grip, good street snow grip, and tough carcasses for off roading. A bit expensive but excellent performance as any Michelin brand should be.
Jeep Wrangler JL Tire Brands - the Good and the Bad 108A9D7C-7AD1-4201-9C72-8634E9013515

Last edited:

slinghigh

First Name
Williy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys 2.0l 8sp
Occupation
mechanic/knucklehead
I wouldn't buy a Goodyear tire if they were selling them for a nickel each and having a 50% off sale. I wouldn't buy a Cooper tire if they were three cents each and 70% off. If they aren't BFG tires, you might as well put them all in a big "burn pile".
5c tires ...where....50% off....Im in.....bfg or nothing.....wow...you are limiting your options..just 1 mans view....and it means...well 1 mans view...they will screw up soon....no doubt
Sponsored