Tire Brands - the Good and the Bad

bipock

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
I know KO2s, Nittos and Falken Wildpeaks are pretty highly respected in most Jeeping communities.

Other brands I should look at or not look at? Looking for an AT, mostly hwy driving, some light off-roading and beach driving.
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I wouldn't touch a Nitto tire with a ten foot pole. Otherwise most brands are going to be great these days due to regulation in the tire industry and competition.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I wouldn't buy a Goodyear tire if they were selling them for a nickel each and having a 50% off sale. I wouldn't buy a Cooper tire if they were three cents each and 70% off. If they aren't BFG tires, you might as well put them all in a big "burn pile".

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
I am not sure which Nitto that you are referring to. I have run the Nitto Ridge Grapplers, and my Son-in-Law runs the Nitto Terra Grapplers. They are both excellent tires.
We have the KO2's on our JLR. What I don't like about these is, they pick up a lot of stones and rocks from the road that we live on. We currently have the Falken Wildpeak AT3W's on our JKR. The Falkens are by far our favorite tire. They start with the most tread depth, are the quietest, very smooth riding, are excellent on wet pavement, don't seem to pick up the stones and rocks like the KO2's do, and are snow rated. These will continue to be our go to tire.

JuzaMe

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vmcrugbychairs.com
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ, 2005 Duramax, 2022 JLURD(ordered 1/17/22)
Occupation
Working on being a burden to my children.
TOYO Open Country M/T. I have run them on my 4X4 Duramax for quite a few years and have been very happy with them so I put em' on the JLURD as well.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Eric0503

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL sport turbo.
Vehicle Showcase
I run general grabber x3s. I find them to be a good middle man between a mud terrain and a hybrid terrain. Awesome in snow and mud but not as loud as most mudders.

Reldn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Rubicon, '22 4Runner TRD Pro, '22 Ram 1500
For ATs I really liked the General Grabber ATX that I ran on my previous 4Runner. In the MTs I'm fond of the Nexen Roadian MTX that are currently on my JLR.

BigGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
I'm running General Grabber ATx tires. I'm seeing them more on the road now, so they probably aren't as cheap anymore. One of the Bronco trims comes with them from the factory, too.