Tire Balanceing Frequency

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
In the past I have always just balanced tires if they started making excess noise or vibration. I got tires from Discount Tirefor the new JL. Their website recommends balancing every 6k miles. I assume this is part of the package when purchasing. Does anyone balance their tires this frequently? How often do you have it done?
Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
With your Discount Tire purchase, you get free balancing and rotation (among other things) for the life of the tires. While on their website they recommend balancing and rotations every 6k miles, thats too long between both for large and aggressive tires. 6k miles might be fine for a sedan, but I have found the more frequently you balance and rotate your tires, the better they wear and the longer they last.

Even and correct tire wear is even more important when your tires are covered by a manufacturer warranty. A warranty claim can be denied if there's poor wear characteristics, evidence of lack of rotations, etc.

My son works at a Discount Tire and they have no problem doing balancing and rotations every 3k miles. They did this even before he worked there. Their 6k mile recommendation is just that. They are happy and willing to do a balance/rotation anytime you request.

I get my Jeep tires re-balanced and rotated between 3-4k miles and won't hesitate to do it sooner if I'm taking a long road trip.

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
I've only balanced tires when buying and first installing. My vehicles haven't had funny wear though. My Jeep has 28k miles and still good...

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Their website recommends balancing every 6k miles.
Jeep Wrangler JL Tire Balanceing Frequency 1604373479854

I’ve never rebalanced tires after having them installed unless they exhibit a problem. I rotate every 5,000 miles when I change the oil. (I do 5 tire rotations.)

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
With your Discount Tire purchase, you get free balancing and rotation (among other things) for the life of the tires. While on their website they recommend balancing and rotations every 6k miles, thats too long between both for large and aggressive tires. 6k miles might be fine for a sedan, but I have found the more frequently you balance and rotate your tires, the better they wear and the longer they last.

Even and correct tire wear is even more important when your tires are covered by a manufacturer warranty. A warranty claim can be denied if there's poor wear characteristics, evidence of lack of rotations, etc.

My son works at a Discount Tire and they have no problem doing balancing and rotations every 3k miles. They did this even before he worked there. Their 6k mile recommendation is just that. They are happy and willing to do a balance/rotation anytime you request.

I get my Jeep tires re-balanced and rotated between 3-4k miles and won't hesitate to do it sooner if I'm taking a long road trip.
Discounttiresdirect or mavis discount tires?