Tire and Rim switch and seats

Jeffjack

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I am thinking about ordering a 2021 Sahara Altitude. I was originally going to get a Rubicon because I like the looks, especially the tires and rims. However, I will be on the road 95% of the time and off road will be easier trails. I don’t need the capability of a Rubicon. If I wanted to swap the rims and tires or just tires, would anything need to be done on the Sahara? Gears/axels? I would not be looking to do anything crazy big.

also, are the Sahara Altitude leather seats the same as Sahara leather seats without the logo?

Any thoughts on the difference between the Sahara Altitude and Sahara? I built both and the price was within $400.
Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
You should be fine with the Tire and Rim swap. I added the Rubicon Rims and Tires to my sport and ran into no issues.

rsmit42

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
You should be fine with the Tire and Rim swap. I added the Rubicon Rims and Tires to my sport and ran into no issues.
Do you have any rub issues in the front? I have a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S UL,and I bought a set of Rubicon take offs with LT 285/70/17, and I haven’t put them on yet.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I kept the Sahara wheels and swapped the tires for a set of 275/70R18 KO2s. This size is 1” taler than OE; and 0.5” taller and 0.4” narrower than the Rubicon tires (33.2 x 10.8 inches vs 32.7 x 11.2 inches).

I prefer the taller, narrower tire look on a Jeep.
Jeep Wrangler JL Tire and Rim switch and seats 1B91E381-C430-4C90-A967-7B358D862709

The leather on Altitude is the same as on Sahara, but it gives up the seat logos, the contrasting stitching throughout the cabin (it is silver on black on Sahara —see below; black on black on Altitude), and the “leather” covered dashboard. I believe Altitude also loses the rear fold down center armrest, and the leather-covered door armrest with extra padding and contrasting stitching.
Jeep Wrangler JL Tire and Rim switch and seats 1605442013265

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Those tires make those wheels, which look boring smallish with highway tires on them, look good.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Those tires make those wheels, which look boring smallish with highway tires on them, look good.
Agreed.

Actually, these wheels are in fact VERY nice: the rims themselves are beautifully machined and taper gently inward; the spokes are painted charcoal gray. It is the OE tires that make the entire package look boring.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I have Rubicon tires ready to go on my Sport, but I'm keeping the silver wheels of the Sport.

There is some disagreement about the larger Rubicon tires on the Sport. Some people claim they work perfectly fine, other people claim that have an affect on mileage and under what conditions the car will stay in 8th gear at highway speeds. I'll eventually find out for myself.

I've not heard any problems with them not fitting.

Nomad

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I have Rubicon tires ready to go on my Sport, but I'm keeping the silver wheels of the Sport.

There is some disagreement about the larger Rubicon tires on the Sport. Some people claim they work perfectly fine, other people claim that have an affect on mileage and under what conditions the car will stay in 8th gear at highway speeds. I'll eventually find out for myself.

I've not heard any problems with them not fitting.
Exactly what I did. I like the sport s wheels and just wanted to fill the wheel wells a little better. No rubbing issues at all.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly what I did. I like the sport s wheels and just wanted to fill the wheel wells a little better. No rubbing issues at all.
I'm switching mainly to gain some offroad performace- a little more clearance, better tread, and stronger construction. There is a small benefit to no longer have the wimpiest tires around but I would not have spent the money just for that.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Your transmission will shift fine If you adjust the speedometer to read correctly. Part of the way the transmission shifts is due to input from the speed sensor.

Nomad

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I'm switching mainly to gain some offroad performace- a little more clearance, better tread, and stronger construction. There is a small benefit to no longer have the wimpiest tires around but I would not have spent the money just for that.
Two things... 33" KO2s come in a load range C, which is lighter and less of a ride penalty (though I have only a little experience with the heavier rated tires) and that's fine for me. But also they have been fantastic in the snow, where I had found the stock sport Duelers to be pretty squirmy.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two things... 33" KO2s come in a load range C, which is lighter and less of a ride penalty (though I have only a little experience with the heavier rated tires) and that's fine for me. But also they have been fantastic in the snow, where I had found the stock sport Duelers to be pretty squirmy.
I have to deal with snow less than most people but I'm planning to get the KO2s mounted before our snow season.
Sponsored