Sponsored

Tire advice need - Jeep JL - UK

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
Thanks for that, I guess D or E would be to hard/firm ?
That's for truck tires (LT) which are definitely not recommended for someone who is focusing on on-road ride. You should avoid all LT tires, even in C, given your goals, and buy a nice highway tire in a passenger rating. I.e., buy another 255/70R18, not a LT255/70R18.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Here's a list of tires in that size, if you click on the category you'll see Touring and All Terrain.
Maybe something on the more aggressive touring would serve you well or the mildest All Terrain.
If you have to deal with snow or freezing temps on a regular basis you should consider a 3peak snow rated tire as they are safer in snow/freezing conditions.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/Tire...&rearRatio=40&rearDiameter=17&performance=ALL

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The problem with getting recommendations here is that most of us are in the US. You probably have some different options in the UK.

Also, I believe you have no choice but to use the factory equipped size. But I could be wrong. Many of us here go with anything from a slightly larger to a much larger size.

Do a google search for the tire size you have and you will find many options based on your location.

255/70/18 has limited options as believe that only the Wrangler uses that size. If the law allows you to mount 17” wheels, you will find a vastly larger tire selection.

As it is, it looks like your only “chunky” option will be in the BF Goodrich line.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
The problem with getting recommendations here is that most of us are in the US. You probably have some different options in the UK.

Also, I believe you have no choice but to use the factory equipped size. But I could be wrong. Many of us here go with anything from a slightly larger to a much larger size.

Do a google search for the tire size you have and you will find many options based on your location.

255/70/18 has limited options as believe that only the Wrangler uses that size. If the law allows you to mount 17” wheels, you will find a vastly larger tire selection.

As it is, it looks like your only “chunky” option will be in the BF Goodrich line.
I think those Vredestein tires are common in the UK, they would seem to check the boxes that OP is wanting. Not a chunky look but better than some of the mini van touring type tires :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Tire advice need - Jeep JL - UK {filename}

Tire Rack Tested

VREDESTEIN

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero