Sponsored

Time Period Between Scheduled Date & Date Production Starts

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
Have had a 392 (just giving that out if Jeeps are batch produced) on order since mid-Oct still at the first step (confirmed order with VIN). When you get a scheduled date at some point, is that date they start to build it like 2 weeks in the future, 2 months in the future, 2 years in the future, Back to the Future, or what?

Reading scary stories of cars still at the same spot I’m in 4+ months later, you must want one way more than I do.

Thanks
Sponsored

jlcalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Yeah, it's rough. But it's not unique to jeeps. Any vehicle with a lot of options is taking a really long time to build, depending on the specific options that you choose. It's also hard to know where you line up. You're probably waiting for them to push a the 392s through the line for a few days. That means that if it happens in January, somebody who ordered today could get theirs at the same time as you.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
It's a complete crap shoot. You could be waiting on a parts backorder for one of the options you selected, you could have no options and are waiting on a bunch of orders that just had parts come in and are able to be built. You could also have perfect timing and sail right through. I'm sure it all makes sense from the factory perspective but from the outside you just have no insight into rhyme or reason.

The good news is that supply chain issues are much better than they used to be and Jeep has handled it much better than other manufacturers have. It'll happen eventually.

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
They may still be doing all 4xe's to get them sold by year end with the tax credit mess but, yeah, a real crapshoot. I know they used to batch Jeeps but vids I've seen and production info doesn't seem to show this is as much a priority any more. If they actually have your parts - it should be close
Things do slip through the cracks though, one wrong button push and ... poof !!! - its not scheduled any more or it thinks its done so keep asking away :(

PandaJL

First Name
Aly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Wrangler
well, when you get scheduled you get built whenever they please!

Nah, I'm just being bitter, but honestly doesn't seem like there's a pattern to it - I've been 'scheduled' for months.

ashegam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2DR Willys Sports
2 days to 6 months plus, no one knows.

I ordered a stock sport Willys with zero options, and waited 5+ months for it to get scheduled. Read that again and let it sink in and you should feel great 😃
Sponsored