Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
FCA CEO Issues Email to Employees

Oct. 1, 2018, 08:11 AM

AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Oct. 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. ("FCA") (NYSE: FCAU / MTA: FCA) CEO Mike Manley today issued the following email to FCA employees worldwide:

Dear Colleagues,

In the last 60 days, I have travelled between our APAC, EMEA and NAFTA regions and I'm looking forward to my trip to LATAM in the next few weeks. I've been able to meet with many of you and to discuss our roadmap to delivering the commitments in the Five-Year Business Plan we laid out on June 1st. Having been deeply involved in the development of the plan, I can tell you that it was created with the sure knowledge that we have the depth and breadth of talent and skills we need to meet our objective of becoming one of the world's most profitable automakers.

I'm not saying we'll not have challenges to overcome. The next five years will continue to be extremely challenging for our industry, with tougher regulations, intense competition and probably slower industry growth around the world. Nevertheless, with a laser focus on execution and a continued flexibility that allows us to adjust as circumstances change – something that has become one of our most unique characteristics and strengths – we have a clear line of sight to achieving our five-year ambitions.

One key element in the plan is to ensure that our leadership team is best aligned to our objectives going forward. We have an outstanding team here at FCA with extensive experience and an exceptional record of success and I'm pleased today to announce the following evolution in our leadership roles as we begin to implement our new plan:

Pietro Gorlier is named Chief Operating Officer (COO) of our EMEA region. Pietro has a proven track record of commercial and industrial expertise with FCA. He is an experienced operator globally, and as a second generation employee whose father worked for Fiat in Italy, Pietro brings a deep respect and knowledge of our operations in Europe. Pietro will retain the role as head of Mopar Globally. Steve Beahm will assume responsibilities for Mopar in the North America region, while continuing in his role as Head of the Chrysler, Dodge and Fiat Brands in North America.

Ermanno Ferrari is named CEO of Magneti Marelli. Ermanno most recently served as the Head of Magneti Marelli's lighting division, its largest business unit, and previously worked throughout Marelli's various business lines, including senior level roles in the Shock Absorber and Suspension businesses. In his new role, Ermanno will join the Group Executive Council (GEC).

Harald Wester is named Chief Operating Officer of Maserati. Harald will maintain his role as Chief Technology Officer. He has a deep understanding of the premium brand market place, and this appointment will also enable him to apply the most advanced of our technologies to our premium brand, Maserati.

Tim Kuniskis is named Head of Jeep Brand North America. Tim will maintain his responsibilities as Global Head of Alfa Romeo and will apply his proven skills in product and marketing to two of the industry's most cherished brands, both of which have significant growth ambitions in our five-year plan.

Reid Bigland is named Head of Ram Brand. Reid previously led the Ram Brand in 2013 – 2014 which, under his leadership, experienced sales growth of nearly 50 percent. With the new Ram Light Duty Truck nearing full production and the new Ram Heavy Duty planned to come to market in mid-2019, Reid has the right products and the skills to take Ram to the next level. Reid will maintain his roles leading our Canadian operations and U.S. sales.

Scott Garberding is named Global Chief Manufacturing Officer. Scott has nearly 30 years of industrial experience at FCA, including leading North American manufacturing, our global Purchasing organization when he was based in Italy, and most recently global Quality. Scott has an in-depth knowledge and understanding of our world-wide manufacturing system and of the people that work in our plants.

Comau and Teksid will report directly to Scott, ensuring that we are optimizing and maximizing our application of those products and services in our manufacturing operations.

Scott succeeds Stefan Ketter who at the beginning of this year notified us of his plans to step down from his role at FCA. On behalf of all the many colleagues with whom he has worked so closely, I want to express our warm thanks to Stefan for his valued contribution over the years.

Richard Schwarzwald is named Global Head of Quality. Richard succeeds Scott Garberding in the role and brings over 25 years of automotive quality and supplier quality experience. Richard has most recently led our Quality organization in Latin America, and previously held senior leadership positions at several automotive OEMs and suppliers. I would like to congratulate Richard and his team in Latin America for making significant quality improvements, particularly for Jeep, including achieving 1st Quartile for Jeep Renegade in a most recent independent rating survey. In his new role, Richard will join the Group Executive Council (GEC). In related changes, Mark Champine assumes responsibility for Quality in North America, and Geraldo Barraassumes responsibility for Quality in Latin America.

Today's announcements further align our leadership structure to the achievement of the targets set out in our five-year plan. These appointments ensure that we will maintain our focus on the highest degree of execution and excellence in each of our regions and across our functional groups. They also provide the appropriate support to our broad-based brand portfolio and reinforce our disciplined approach to capital allocation.

My congratulations to those leaders taking up new roles. And my thanks to you all for your continued dedication to the everyday task of ensuring that FCA continues to meet and then exceed the needs and expectations of our customers worldwide.

Mike Manley
Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
An Alfa Romeo guy? Hope he has a bit of redneck gene in him.

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
You know what would be interesting? An Alfa or Masarati vehicle based on the Wrangler to compete with the G Wagen and upcoming Defender. IFS, but all else unchanged (body on frame, solid rear, lockers, etc). Style it up a bit, add lots of insulation, don't have to deal with the purists...prob sell like crazy. I'd buy one.

ArmyJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own a JLURubicon
Occupation
Retired US Army
How about a special edition JLURubicon with a HEMI?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gregodav

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
dsc_4963.jpg

Tim is really a cmuscle car guy at heart. He has been known to answers email from Dodge Forum members.

Patrick Rall G+ Feb 6 2018 - 4:19pm
After Bringing the Hellcat to Market, Tim Kuniskis has Left Dodge
Tim Kuniskis, the President of Dodge who played a key role in bringing the Hellcat Challenger and Charger to market, has left his role with the high performance brand to head Alfa Romeo and Maserati at the global level.
The Mopar community got a bit of shocking news yesterday when FCA announced that Tim Kuniskis was leaving his role as the Head of the Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and Fiat brands. Prior to that position, Kuniskis served as the President and CEO of the Dodge brand and during his time focusing on Dodge, he championed the production of the Hellcat Hemi and the muscle cars that benefit from them.

After the massive success of the Dodge Challenger and Charger in SRT Hellcat form, Kuniskis also played a big role in bringing the 840-horsepower Challenger Demon to market.

Overall, Tim Kuniskis and his team spent 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 building Dodge into the premium high performance brand in the US market, centering the lineup around the Challenger, the Charger and the mighty Viper. However, the man who made Dodge a lineup of performance-minded models has officially left his role in North America to lead the Alfa Romeo and Maserati brands at the global level.

Guy N Cognito

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi 2.0t
An Alfa Romeo guy? Hope he has a bit of redneck gene in him.
No exec at any company that’s owned Jeep has had and “redneck” in him.

I'm worried about quality. Alfa and Maserati are not known for it.
Neither is Jeep or Chrysler....

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
No exec at any company that’s owned Jeep has had and “redneck” in him.
All execs are too slick by half , and also too impractical by twice .

Whereas , a normal person would be quietly clever , and totally practical .

OP
OP
Gregodav

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
All execs are too slick by half , and also too impractical by twice .

Whereas , a normal person would be quietly clever , and totally practical .
I for one want to see what Tim can do for Jeep?
Just watch

Sponsored

TwoTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy, Flex
You know what would be interesting? An Alfa or Masarati vehicle based on the Wrangler to compete with the G Wagen and upcoming Defender. IFS, but all else unchanged (body on frame, solid rear, lockers, etc). Style it up a bit, add lots of insulation, don't have to deal with the purists...prob sell like crazy. I'd buy one.
Have you read the threads on here? People that spend that kind on money don't tolerate the crap quality dismissed with a " It's a Jeep thing"

Last edited:

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
He is a Car Guy who has been involved with manufacturing.
Some actual car guys , who were actually involved in car manufacturing : Dan Gurney , A.J. Foyt , and Mario Andretti .

No offense intended .

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gregodav

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Some actual car guys , who were actually involved in car manufacturing : Dan Gurney , A.J. Foyt , and Mario Andretti .

No offense intended .
Timothy "Tim" Kuniskis
Global Head:Alfa Romeo,
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV
Career History
  • Global Head:Alfa RomeoFiat Chrysler Automobiles NV, 10/2018-PRESENT
  • Head:Alfa RomeoFiat Chrysler Automobiles NV, 2/2018-10/2018
  • Head:Passenger CARFiat Chrysler Automobiles NV, UNKNOWN-2/2018
  • Pres & CEO:Dodge BrandChrysler Group LLC, 4/2013-12/2014
  • Head:Fiat BrandChrysler Group LLC, 11/2011-4/2013
  • Director:Fiat BrandChrysler Group LLC, 2009-11/2011
  • Director:Chrysler Brand MktgChrysler Group LLC, UNKNOWN-2009
  • Senior Manager:OperationsChrysler Group LLC, 2004-2005
  • Senior Mgr:Retail Sales PromotionsChrysler Group LLC, 2003-2004
  • Senior Mgr:Dealer OperationsChrysler Group LLC, 2002-2003
  • Manager:Natl Dealer RelationsChrysler Group LLC, 2001-2002
  • Manager:Dealer OperationsChrysler Group LLC, 1999-2001
  • Manager:Sales OperationsChrysler Group LLC, 1998-1999
  • Manager:Dealer DevelopmentChrysler Group LLC, 1997-1998
  • Manager:DistributionChrysler Group LLC, 1995-1997
  • Team Leader:SalesChrysler Group LLC, 1994-1995
  • Sales District ManagerChrysler Group LLC, 1993-1994
  • Mgr:Service & Parts DistrictChrysler Group LLC, 1992-1993
  • Head:Passenger CAR Brands-DodgeFca US LLC, 2015-UNKNOWN
  • Pres & CEO:Dodge BrandFca US LLC, 12/2014-UNKNOWN
  • Head:Fleet OperationsFca US LLC, 2013-UNKNOWN
    Jeep Wrangler JL Tim Kuniskis is named Head of Jeep Brand North America {filename}
I would say he knows a little bit about vehicles.

No offense taken. ;)

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Jeep Wrangler JL Tim Kuniskis is named Head of Jeep Brand North America {filename}

No offense intended .
And don't forget Carroll Shelby .

WasMFD

First Name
Coño, Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUS, JLUR
This addition will add blings, bells and whistles. I have enjoyed CJ, YJ, JKU and JLU. The CJ was best for just being a Billy Goat. That CJ went everywhere and never said no or failed(unless the 18 y/o me did something stupid). The YJ was garbage and caused a 26year divorce. Remarried with a JKU that performed well(if and when the Wheel Speed Sensors would work. 7 of them in 6 yrs. Plus catastrophic main oil seal release). The JLU has been a happy marriage. The 3.0 has been outstanding(for me) and the 4x4 'stuff' has been just as outstanding. Granted it's not my Daily Driver and I am still overly concerned with the amount of Electromechanical operations along with insane 'Smog' $hit. The Euro Trash is heavy on Electromechanical and that can't be easily balanced with the volume they will push out of the Jeep brand. Dare I say that Jeep keeps them afloat and Wrangler makes them viable?
Sponsored