First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i have the base model sport with Manuel locks and hard top. i've trained myself to have the keys in hand before getting out of jl. i also double check that the keys is in my hand before i lock and shut the door. by doing this its automatic to me. this is something i deal with , doing things in a certain order and way at work or home.
Sponsored

78cj7-18lj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangle Sahara JLU
Occupation
Retired

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
With a base sport iā€™ve trained myself to wrap the lanyard my key is on around whatever iā€™m wearing like a belt loop or tuck it into my waistband.

I used to just toss the key in the notch in the cup holder since it was right there but i locked myself out when i got to work. Called the locksmith and $50 he popped the door open. Iā€™ve honestly considered swapping to a soft top just to be able to break into the jeep if i left the key inside again.

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
nice leather suitcase :)
It has a clip on the back. I clip it to the seam on my jeans pocket, much like a holster. It is a bit large for a fob but all things relative it's much smaller than my subcompact 9mm. Hell its still smaller than the Sig P238 I carry in my front pocket.

sig2.jpg

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Ok, if you have a soft top, easy, pull off a window. If you have a hard top, use a 10mm socket or wrench and remove the rear glass. Jeeps as most cars are easy to get into. You can always use a wedge, like what doors in building use to prop the door open. Use the wedge to wedge a door open and use a wood down or a long piece of flat steel stock to reach across the jeep and hit the unlock.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I've played with the lock button and don't seem to have any issues locking it with the FOB in the console. Maybe it will unlock and beep at me once I shut the door? I haven't tried that yet, maybe later when I'm home and have the spare FOB around.

Sponsored

JeepNomad

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Interesting - my wife leaves her FOB in my Jeep all the time and I don't have issues locking it. Are you saying that if you press the lock button on the door, it beeps and won't lock? Or the FOB button?
Not sure about the Jeep (don't have my 2020 yet) but my wife's Charger would let her lock the car with one fob while the other was still inside the car. But If she tried to lock the car pushing the button on the door handle it wouldn't lock with the fob inside. It makes sense. If you have a fob in your hand to lock it obviously you won't be locked out, but if you lock it using the door with 1 fob inside you may not have the other fob to unlock it.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Just tried it - rolled my window down, left the FOB in the console, and locked the door with the button on the door - when I shut the door the jeep honked 3 times and unlocked.

I also tried locking with the FOB but the door still open, then putting the FOB inside, and shutting the door. It honked 3 times and unlocked. So, it looks like it does a check upon the door closing to ensure the FOB is not inside.

Next up, I'll try to get my wife's FOB later and play around to see how it handles 2 FOBs. My guess is that upon the door close, as long as there is a FOB inside it will unlock, regardless of which FOB. However, if the door is already closed when you lock it, as happens 99.9% of the time when locking with a FOB, it never checks for a FOB inside because the door is already closed ;)
Sponsored