Ticking sound 2020 2DR JL 2.0T

revo2seven

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2.0 2DR
We recently acquired (daughter's vehicle) 2020 2DR JL 2.0T, ticking or knocking sound is evident at the rear driver side of the vehicle. got it back to the dealership and told us
1. Probably the breaks checked and looked at the dealer said its good. Drove it same issue
2. round 2 said going to get in touch with the engineering department of Jeep to get some more idea still not fix and isolate what is the cause.
3. round 3 replaced the relieved valved said that was the cause of the noise when it open and closed and described the noise before was a 10 now its 1, looks promising. Drive it got it warmed up guess what same darn annoying ticking/knocking sound. This vehicle is not even 2XXX km on it.
It happens when slowing down and for a new vehicle it's frustrating. Anyone had the same issue or similar to the issue were experiencing?
Sponsored

Bingman

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy’s
I have a 2020 with the 3.6 and auto. I think I’ve got the same thing going on. It’s not a constant or repeating click/tick, right? I too am experiencing it when slowing down and coming to a stop. I would say it’s definitely coming from the drivers side. I have not yet had it to the dealership yet. I am at maybe 1,200 miles.

Rangerhughes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon 2 door, 2020 Mercedes AMG 45, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 Dodge PW: 2017 Indian Chieftain
Exhaust runs down the driver side, look for a leak along the connection seams.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

do you both have the m210 rear axle? with the limited slip? this is a known for seals going bad in the axle due to the Limited slip system alot of pages on this problem

OP
OP

revo2seven

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2.0 2DR
yes its not a fix sound it just happen when slowing down or on a crawl basically, it's really evident on the rear passenger side on the vehicle we have. A new vehicle already experiencing this issue we're just afraid it will get worst then off warranty will end up spending more to get it fix.
I have a 2020 with the 3.6 and auto. I think I’ve got the same thing going on. It’s not a constant or repeating click/tick, right? I too am experiencing it when slowing down and coming to a stop. I would say it’s definitely coming from the drivers side. I have not yet had it to the dealership yet. I am at maybe 1,200 miles.

Sponsored

OP
OP

revo2seven

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2.0 2DR
I don't have the window sticker of the vehicle is there a way to identify the said axle?
do you both have the m210 rear axle? with the limited slip? this is a known for seals going bad in the axle due to the Limited slip system alot of pages on this problem

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

It's saying our have a Dana M200 rear is that a good/bad thing ?
I have the limited slip without any issues so far. 11k and plenty of off-roading. Just noting there have been known issues with the limited slip in the rear axle

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
We recently acquired (daughter's vehicle) 2020 2DR JL 2.0T, ticking or knocking sound is evident at the rear driver side of the vehicle. got it back to the dealership and told us
1. Probably the breaks checked and looked at the dealer said its good. Drove it same issue
2. round 2 said going to get in touch with the engineering department of Jeep to get some more idea still not fix and isolate what is the cause.
3. round 3 replaced the relieved valved said that was the cause of the noise when it open and closed and described the noise before was a 10 now its 1, looks promising. Drive it got it warmed up guess what same darn annoying ticking/knocking sound. This vehicle is not even 2XXX km on it.
It happens when slowing down and for a new vehicle it's frustrating. Anyone had the same issue or similar to the issue were experiencing?
Sounds similar to this (ticking noise on deceleration - mentioned in this thread):

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/normal-knocking-sound.36924/post-954958

I have it too. No idea what it is. I thought it may have something to do with engine braking - regenerative braking - battery? A few have reported similar sounds (both 2.0 and 3.6). It bugs me especially when windows down or doors off.
Sponsored