Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has always done that... Brake holds well... Not a big issue. Like you, when I bring it in for the clutch, I'll get them to look at it
Sponsored

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
didnt get the chance to bring it in, not that a big a deal for me to go out my way to deal w dealership.

i have to bring it in for the clutch recall soon so i’ll just have them take a look at it then.
Yes, it’s working fine and I have to do the recall on the clutch once they get parts...so I’ll wait too. :)

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
When I pull the brake up, even as high as it can go, I don't hear this and I use the brake a lot. @FirecrackerRedJLU has good advice. Take it in for a look-see; it's warranty work, and you can't go wrong (unless there's an oil change involved).
They don't fix it, they replace it. And then the replacement ends up doing the same thing after a year or so. Replaced two of them on my JK (and the 3rd did it too), and now my JL is doing it. So I'm 0 for 4 on having a reliable parking brake.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
You're Jeep is 2 years old with a factory warranty. If the noise is enough to get you to post on here, then it is obviously bothering you enough to warrant getting it fixed, Make an appointment at your dealer (yes, they are open for service) and bring it in.
My Jeep is 6 months old. Unless it catches on fire I'm probably not taking it to the dealer for anything. Going to the dealer here is like going to the DMV during the real-id rush.

Sponsored

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
They don't fix it, they replace it. And then the replacement ends up doing the same thing after a year or so. Replaced two of them on my JK (and the 3rd did it too), and now my JL is doing it. So I'm 0 for 4 on having a reliable parking brake.
What part did they replace? Maybe a little modification can be the answer...

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
hi everyone, i have a 2019 jlu 6speed. new thudding noise when engaging parking brake. tested on flat and incline surfaces, same thing. any ideas?

included a youtube clip with the sound. any input appreciated

sometimes I hear it but it's under 5 year warranty so I am not taking any action yet
Sponsored