Sponsored

Thrumming Noise at Highway Speeds (63-67ish)

Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Is this the sound you hear? I also get this after getting my windshield replaced at the exact same speeds.

Sounds like a "skip" in the urethane around the windshield and it whistles at specific speeds. There is an easy test for this.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer

Sponsored

BubbaJeep

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
So I just ordered Jeep Bead Lock Wheels. Black with silver ring. Most likely will have rings powder coated red to match the rubicon. Going with Bridgestone Revo 3s or Toyo Open Country AT 3? I retired from Firestone so its hard to turn down the discount!!! Hope the Thrumming is gone!!!!

Category5Bronado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
2020 JLUR. I switched to Quadratec Hardrock wheels and Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T tires and I no longer have the thrumming. It’s definitely either the stock rubicon wheels or tires.

Clomper87

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
My Rubicon 4Xe has the same thrumming noise as the others here.
My 2021 4xe also has this issue. Thrumming feel in steering wheel and through gas pedal between 55-65 mph. So annoying. Rebalancing and rotating tires did nothing.

BubbaJeep

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
My 2021 4xe also has this issue. Thrumming feel in steering wheel and through gas pedal between 55-65 mph. So annoying. Rebalancing and rotating tires did nothing.
Join the Thrum club. Don't waste your time with JeepCares they are NO HELP!! Dealer is just as bad!!! I had 3 dealers all confirm the thrumming and the vibration but ultimately will say nothing is wrong works as designed??? So I guess they made it vibrate and make noise at 60 to 65.??

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
So I just ordered Jeep Bead Lock Wheels. Black with silver ring. Most likely will have rings powder coated red to match the rubicon. Going with Bridgestone Revo 3s or Toyo Open Country AT 3? I retired from Firestone so its hard to turn down the discount!!! Hope the Thrumming is gone!!!!
Did the thrumming go away?
Sponsored