Sponsored

Thrumming Noise at Highway Speeds (63-67ish)

W8KFM

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2020 Cherokee 2002 XJ Limited
If you read the entire thread there was a guy that fixed his by changing out a couple of the wheels and it fixed the problem.. I'm not saying everyone's problem will go away by replacing wheels but mine did.. I would try to find to find someone that would let you put their wheels and tires on and try that before spending a pile of cash.. I have a Taser to recalibrate my speedometer.. My dealer never said a word about when they worked on it..
Sponsored

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
My problem went away with new wheels. I just changed mine out recently and haven’t noticed the noise since. I know some say it didn’t help but for me it seems to have done the trick.

I have Cooper AT3s with new rims as well so not sure if it was the tires or rims.

ACE6327C-95D2-4B39-97B2-1170A64DB951.jpeg

BubbaJeep

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I feel your pain! I almost traded mine on a new pickup but my wife encouraged me to buy 4 new wheels and tires after trying a multitude of other things and it fixed the problem. My dealer wasn't much help either. I now have the third set of tires on it with only 6500 miles on it!
Can you tell me what tires and rims you have on your Jeep? Is it lifted at all? Thanks Larry J

BubbaJeep

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
My problem went away with new wheels. I just changed mine out recently and haven’t noticed the noise since. I know some say it didn’t help but for me it seems to have done the trick.

I have Cooper AT3s with new rims as well so not sure if it was the tires or rims.

Jeep Wrangler JL Thrumming Noise at Highway Speeds (63-67ish) ACE6327C-95D2-4B39-97B2-1170A64DB951
Can you tell me what size rims and tires you have on? Any lift at all?

W8KFM

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the Mopar 2" lift which is actually 3" 17x9 Rims with 37 Yokohama Geolander X AT tires

Sponsored

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Can you tell me what size rims and tires you have on? Any lift at all?
I have 315/70/17s AT3 Coopers with the rough country 2.5 spacer lift. Rides smooth and quiet right now.

BubbaJeep

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Well the Rubicon was at the dealership for 3 days. With the same result. Not sure why I bothered. JeepCares once again no help. No follow up not even a call back from them. Not sure why they waste everyone’s time?? I won’t bore you with details!!!

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Well the Rubicon was at the dealership for 3 days. With the same result. Not sure why I bothered. JeepCares once again no help. No follow up not even a call back from them. Not sure why they waste everyone’s time?? I won’t bore you with details!!!
I don’t quite get the significance of Jeep Cares for anything other than obvious fixes either, and those issues are normally easily handled through the dealer.

Sponsored

BubbaJeep

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I don’t quite get the significance of Jeep Cares for anything other than obvious fixes either, and those issues are normally easily handled through the dealer.
I don’t really understand why they chime in here as well. They say they will help but JeepCares does absolutely nothing. The dealership says it’s normal operation but then goes on to tell me about possible tire issue but does nothing to diagnose if it is or not and puts nothing on the service order about tires they just say all is normal. It’s just frustrating.

BubbaJeep

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Has anyone ever had a dealership verify the thrumming and then put it in writing? Just curious. Jeep says until they have a confirmed diagnosis there is nothing they can do? Well it’s obviously there but I can’t force the dealership to put it in writing and if they do then they are obligated to try and fix it. I have only had the GM of the selling dealership say I feel it I hear it but never would put it on the invoice.JeepCares is truly a waste of your time. They have done nothing to help me or anyone on this forum that I can see??? Stop saying your here to help JeepCares because truly none of us want a hug we want our Jeep’s repaired👍

W8KFM

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone ever had a dealership verify the thrumming and then put it in writing? Just curious. Jeep says until they have a confirmed diagnosis there is nothing they can do? Well it’s obviously there but I can’t force the dealership to put it in writing and if they do then they are obligated to try and fix it. I have only had the GM of the selling dealership say I feel it I hear it but never would put it on the invoice.JeepCares is truly a waste of your time. They have done nothing to help me or anyone on this forum that I can see??? Stop saying your here to help JeepCares because truly none of us want a hug we want our Jeep’s repaired👍
My dealer acknowledged the noise and vibration on the bill but blamed it on the tires I put on.

Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
Any lift what motor 2.0 or 3.6 and what rims and tires did you go with?
Yes. First was 3.5 lift, vibes still there. Rotated driveshafts to line up paint marks, vibes still there. Then 37” nittos, vibes still there. Regeared, vibes still there. Kmc xd231 beadlocks installed, vibes gone. 3.6 engine

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Yes. First was 3.5 lift, vibes still there. Rotated driveshafts to line up paint marks, vibes still there. Then 37” nittos, vibes still there. Regeared, vibes still there. Kmc xd231 beadlocks installed, vibes gone. 3.6 engine
So after you switched out the Rubicon wheels with aftermarket wheels, the vibration went away?
Sponsored