Sponsored

Thrumming Noise at Highway Speeds (63-67ish)

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
I hope so... mine wanders like crazy... at higher speeds. Always correcting the wheel which just sucks. I have 4 other vehicles and none wander.
Installing Mopar Extended LCAs and a lowering tire pressure to 32psi pretty much eliminated my wandering. I still get some when it's Windy, but that's to be expected. I'm installing a SteerSmarts Trackbar, so that should help too. However, I still have the thrumming at highway speeds. It was there with the standard Goodyear AT tires on the Sport S wheels, and is still there on the Rubicon Wheels with 33" BFGs. I wonder if it just might just be a characteristic of the low engine RPM in 8th gear or related to the engine mounts.
Sponsored

mike2019

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Ocean Blue Metallic
Installing Mopar Extended LCAs and a lowering tire pressure to 32psi pretty much eliminated my wandering. I still get some when it's Windy, but that's to be expected. I'm installing a SteerSmarts Trackbar, so that should help too. However, I still have the thrumming at highway speeds. It was there with the standard Goodyear AT tires on the Sport S wheels, and is still there on the Rubicon Wheels with 33" BFGs. I wonder if it just might just be a characteristic of the low engine RPM in 8th gear or related to the engine mounts.
Mine went away totally once they went with different tires... the Dualers. I have Dualers on my 2007 Escalade amd they are a super smooth ride. Maybe just the AT tires.

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Mine went away totally once they went with different tires... the Dualers. I have Dualers on my 2007 Escalade amd they are a super smooth ride. Maybe just the AT tires.
I agree.. I think it’s a tire thing. Otherwise, I love the Ko2s.

74bronco_nomore

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 JKU, 2005 Dodge Quad cab, 2005 Audi A4
I haven not watched this thread for a bit. Do the 2020s have this problem?

Sponsored

Rocktwizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
I haven not watched this thread for a bit. Do the 2020s have this problem?
Just test drive a 2020 Recon and it had it from 40mph and up. Googled it to see if it’s common and found this thread. Sounds like a rear window is down, but they’re all up.

Rocktwizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
It’s the tires. .
Rear tires. Just test drove a Rubicon JT and zero thrumming. So either the sound from the tires is transmitting through not very well deadened wheelwells, or the rear top area is vibrating like a sub. Easiest test would be a rear passenger pressing against both rear windows on the hard top to see if it goes away.

sinisterj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I’ve read through the thread but is the verdict that this is the stock Ko2’s or driveshaft? My 2020 is doing this and it’s driving me nuts on the highway....

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I’ve read through the thread but is the verdict that this is the stock Ko2’s or driveshaft? My 2020 is doing this and it’s driving me nuts on the highway....
The ones who have put on much less aggressive tires have said this has gone away for them. I prefer a more aggressive A/T tire so I’m okay with the “thrumming.”

Sponsored

DWinkle

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
It’s the tires. .
it's not the tires. I bought a take off set with the michelin street tires they were brand new and my jeep still did it. I also bought a set of goodyear wrangler duratracs and it also still does it with this set. ITS NOT THE TIRES.

sinisterj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
it's not the tires. I bought a take off set with the michelin street tires they were brand new and my jeep still did it. I also bought a set of goodyear wrangler duratracs and it also still does it with this set. ITS NOT THE TIRES.
Mine still doing it I don't think its the tires either. Its is extremely annoying

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
To those experiencing thrumming: are you running hard or soft tops? I know it has little to do with the cause, but I only notice the thrumming noise with the hard top (I have dual tops).
Sponsored