Sponsored

Thrumming Noise at Highway Speeds (63-67ish)

Jbish1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I hope it fixes it for you. Not to be negative but I have seen posts where they replaced all that and more without fixing any of it. Keep us posted. Thank you
Exactly what I told them. Have to play it out and see where it goes.
Sponsored

Arctric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Cloth, Dual Tops, LED, Towing, Infotain, Cold Weather.
My bumpers are the factory steel bumper group. I think the length is about the same unless you remove the ends to make a shorty bumper. Had the bumpers from day 1 never removed the ends.
Had replaced my plastic front bumper with a 3/4 wide aluminum one when still new. Don't remember any vibration before that but it may of been there. Removing the plastic liners and re-installing is a PIA, plastic rivets need to be drilled out or cut and replaced with new. Going to try some aerodynamic testing using good old duct tape.

mike2019

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Ocean Blue Metallic
Problem fixed! Driveshaft replaced, that didn’t do it. Rear differential replaced, problem solved! Shout out to Bedford Hills Chrysler Jeep!
So the thrumming is now gone between 63 - 70 mph after the rear differential was replaced?

Sponsored

Arctric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Problem fixed! Driveshaft replaced, that didn’t do it. Rear differential replaced, problem solved! Shout out to Bedford Hills Chrysler Jeep!
Now after some time has passed, are you still fixed? Was yours doing this in both 7th and 8th gears at the same 63 to 70 mph? Mine does, which doesn't make sense since I believe the diff should be spinning at different speeds when in 7th and 8th.

Arctric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, thanks. Just thought through it again and of course the diff would be spinning at the same speed in any gear. Dropped mine off at the dealer this morning, we will see what they come up with.

Arctric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, 3.6 w/ 8spd auto, Rubicon so 4.10's. Stock tires. Some have reported that a tire change fixed the problem but along the same lines, it likely is being masked by the change in differential speed.

Jbish1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Now after some time has passed, are you still fixed? Was yours doing this in both 7th and 8th gears at the same 63 to 70 mph? Mine does, which doesn't make sense since I believe the diff should be spinning at different speeds when in 7th and 8th.
Wish I’ve had the opportunity to drive with this quarantine. If it starts back up I will bring it back in; but the limited times I’ve had it on the highway nothing there

vdellanno

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I hope it fixes it for you. Not to be negative but I have seen posts where they replaced all that and more without fixing any of it. Keep us posted. Thank you
The rear axle on my JLR failed after <3K miles on it. After almost 2 months waiting for a replacement and having it installed, this thrumming started on mine. I took it into a different dealership this week to check it out and they are blaming it on an aftermarket CAI. Sure, that makes a ton of sense.

Sponsored

tas7107

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
The rear axle on my JLR failed after <3K miles on it. After almost 2 months waiting for a replacement and having it installed, this thrumming started on mine. I took it into a different dealership this week to check it out and they are blaming it on an aftermarket CAI. Sure, that makes a ton of sense.

Ruuuuunnnn! From that dealer! mmm yeah a cold air intake causes a thrumming through the chassis of the vehicle uh huh... :facepalm:

Mine is still doing it with 6500mi on the clock. Just living with it though. Dont have time for the stealership shuffle. Hoping it just break soon..

Arctric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I would either take it to another dealer or put your stock intake back on and show them that's not it. Let us know how this turns out for you. Still living with mine and waiting for it to get worse. Dealer took it for a drive and said they couldn't hear or feel it. I personally feel it's the rear diff and your story adds to that suspicion.
Sponsored