Sponsored

Thrumming Noise at Highway Speeds (63-67ish)

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Anything further on this? What is the fix for the thrumming between 63-67ish mph? It’d be nice to get this fixed before the warranty runs out.
Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Anything further on this? What is the fix for the thrumming between 63-67ish mph? It’d be nice to get this fixed before the warranty runs out.
I don't know, but I am feeling it at 45 now.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I wish there was, but right now just ignoring it hoping it’s not causing any damage to anything.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I’d swear it was tires but would it only be at a certain speed and pulse like it does? Not sure what would cause the pulsing that we are getting.

Sponsored

Gcodejedi

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JKUR
It’s rare, but I feel it at slower speeds at times too.
This may sound weird, but try retorquing your wheel lugs to ~110 ftlbs. 110 is a little lower than factory spec, but lowering the torque got rid of the low speed vibes for me... just not the 64mph thrum. For some reason, my wheel locks were crazy tight from the factory.

W8KFM

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2020 Cherokee 2002 XJ Limited
Just for the record I have a 2020 Rubicon with 35s and Mopar lift with the same issue, starts the vibration-noise at about 63 mph but gets better at 72 or so..It did it before I installed the lift, I only drove it with the original tires 100 miles or so.. I can't really say if it was doing it with them..I had no issues with my 17 JKU other then it was a gutless wonder with the manual transmission..I'm really disappointed with this 2020 in more ways then one..This is probably my 7th or 8th Jeep I've owned and my least favorite...Sorry for the whining 😅

Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
Just for the record I have a 2020 Rubicon with 35s and Mopar lift with the same issue, starts the vibration-noise at about 63 mph but gets better at 72 or so..It did it before I installed the lift, I only drove it with the original tires 100 miles or so.. I can't really say if it was doing it with them..I had no issues with my 17 JKU other then it was a gutless wonder with the manual transmission..I'm really disappointed with this 2020 in more ways then one..This is probably my 7th or 8th Jeep I've owned and my least favorite...Sorry for the whining 😅
Yea it’s pretty much every rubicon. Even the standards. I’m just surprised nobody has been able to figure it out yet. Which leads me to believe it’s internal in the trans or transfer case.

Sponsored

W8KFM

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2020 Cherokee 2002 XJ Limited
I've read the entire forum on this and no definite solution yet.. I've taken mine back to the tire shop twice and they did replace one tire that was hard to get balanced but that didn't help.. It really does feel like a drive line problem but reading this forum replacing the rear drive shaft has never resolved the problem.. I'm going to the dealer next but I 'm not holding my breath, I only have 2200 miles on it.. I was planning a wheeling trip to Colorado this summer so I need this resolved or forget that..

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I've read the entire forum on this and no definite solution yet.. I've taken mine back to the tire shop twice and they did replace one tire that was hard to get balanced but that didn't help.. It really does feel like a drive line problem but reading this forum replacing the rear drive shaft has never resolved the problem.. I'm going to the dealer next but I 'm not holding my breath, I only have 2200 miles on it.. I was planning a wheeling trip to Colorado this summer so I need this resolved or forget that..

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I dropped mine off at the dealer today. They had it once before and claimed it was fixed after they balanced the tires. This did not fix it. I told them this is a drive line issue. Let’s see if they can perform a Christmas miracle. They provided me with a 2.0 unlimited JL sport as a loaner for the day. The sport drives like a top! No vibration between 60-70 and it handles well too. If they can’t figure this out, maybe I’ll trade in my Rubicon for a Willy’s!

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck. Would be great if they figure it out.

1977Jimmy

First Name
STEVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 GMC Jimmy , 2020 Jeep Wrangler
Its the rear drive shaft due to the factory lift and no correction to the drive shaft angle. Either put a drive shaft on with a cv joint on the transfer case end or adjustable lower control arms so you can get the angles back in spec.
Sponsored