Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve always run a dual stabilizer on my rigs , I like the way it makes the steering feel.

Jeep Wrangler JL Through shaft stabilizer EA8FE59A-2F67-4EA1-93D2-0CD8A8885D1D

Since I’ve put on the synergy tie rod I can’t run it . The synergy is closer to the diff than the factory tie rod. I might look into modifying the center bracket at some point, but for now I’m running one of my fox 2.0 s of the dual set up relocated to the top of tie rod.........
Jeep Wrangler JL Through shaft stabilizer 6E44A58B-168A-46E5-8965-93A03519B98A

I’ve got the fox through shaft for the jk ordered since it doesn’t need any modifications to bolt up to synergy tie rod.

Those of you that have been running a through shaft ( whichever brand) for a while......how are they holding up? Do you adjust them frequently or set it , forget it? Or change settings when off-road. How do you like it, and are you glad you got one?.............Thanks for any feedback, I appreciate it ......:)
Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered MC steering stuff on sale this weekend to replace my OEM stuff. I did not realize it when I bought the Synergy steering stabilizer relocation kit, but it was for their tie-rod which is 1.5" diameter versus the OEM and MC which is 1.625" diameter.

Everywhere I checked the correct size was out of stock, so I had to temporarily use the MC bracket on the tie-rod until the new one arrives.

I am hoping the MC is oriented in a way that allows me to run dual like you are doing.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve always run a dual stabilizer on my rigs , I like the way it makes the steering feel.

Since I’ve put on the synergy tie rod I can’t run it . The synergy is closer to the diff than the factory tie rod. I might look into modifying the center bracket at some point, but for now I’m running one of my fox 2.0 s of the dual set up relocated to the top of tie rod.........

I’ve got the fox through shaft for the jk ordered since it doesn’t need any modifications to bolt up to synergy tie rod.

Those of you that have been running a through shaft ( whichever brand) for a while......how are they holding up? Do you adjust them frequently or set it , forget it? Or change settings when off-road. How do you like it, and are you glad you got one?.............Thanks for any feedback, I appreciate it ......:)
I use the jk ats fox, works good, had it maxxed out pretty much since i switched the axle. Now i run it about 5 clicks in from full open. Just recently it pushed the orings out of the bracket that holds it on the tie rod, no big deal they just kept dirt out of the joint. Love the stabilizer though

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Specially since i got it at 4wp for 100 bucks lol

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Oh also, if you max it out, or even half way, you cannot move it by hand. Made for very nice steering to me personally, probably way too slow for most people. The wheel wouldnt return to center much at all

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I've had a Fox TS, which is the non adjustable version, for several trouble free months now. The steering is noticeably firmer than stock and I haven't once wished I could lighten or further firm it up.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I've got the Fox 2.0 ATS in the JK version for installation above the tie rod. I'm using a Synergy stud (now) and the fox clamp on the tube. I did start out with the Fox stud for the track bar side and cut it off right past the nylon nut to get some clearance to the tie rod. But in the latest saga of front axle R&R it got 'lost' so I replaced with the Synergy one.

Zero issues with it in about 5000 miles. I was just working on the front end the other day and noticed no damage or anything wrong with it. Had it off and it was still smooth through the entire travel. A bit of crap at the end of the shaft past it's travel so it's been seeing some dirt/rain/mud which I wiped off. I am one or two clicks from full firm and have not played with it since set to that.

Would buy again.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I use the jk ats fox, works good, had it maxxed out pretty much since i switched the axle. Now i run it about 5 clicks in from full open
Zero issues with it in about 5000 miles
The steering is noticeably firmer than stock and I haven't once wished I could lighten or further firm it up
Everywhere I checked the correct size was out of stock, so I had to temporarily use the MC bracket on the tie-rod until the new one arrives.
Thanks guys........ this is great feedback, what I was hoping for. It sounds like I’ll be able to get a similar if not exact heavy, slow return to center feel in the steering wheel, that I like and that I’m used to. Now if it would only get here.......:mad:...... ordered back in March. Maybe if I slip @Moto_21 a few bucks he would run over to Fox and grab it for me.......:)

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Thanks guys........ this is great feedback, what I was hoping for. It sounds like I’ll be able to get a similar if not exact heavy, slow return to center feel in the steering wheel, that I like and that I’m used to. Now if it would only get here.......:mad:...... ordered back in March. Maybe if I slip @Moto_21 a few bucks he would run over to Fox and grab it for me.......:)
Issue is some of the materials are delayed due to COVID. We have this all over the place right now, it's a nightmare, suppliers pushing stuff back 8+ weeks due to not being able to get raw materials used in manufacturing. Factories sitting idle. The whole push to "just in time" deliveries has had a major impact.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
@Moto_21 Is my shock supplier of choice and I have dibs on those fancy coil overs when he decides to replace them :)

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Fox stud for the track bar side and cut it off right past the nylon nut to get some clearance to the tie rod. But in the latest saga of front axle R&R it got 'lost' so I replaced with the Synergy one.
So your saying that I am I going to be able to use my synergy track bar bolt with the little pan head Allen bolt?

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
So your saying that I am I going to be able to use my synergy track bar bolt with the little pan head Allen bolt?
Thats what mine is on as well

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name