Throttle enhancers

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
I understand your point about limp home mode, but I suspect that the code-throwing is a rare thing. Every YouTube video and manufacturers' instructions specifically point out the don't-touch-the-throttle. It is so easy to avoid that situation that it's akin to touching a stove burner even though you've seen it's glowing red - I guess some people still do it, but not many.

So the question is: do you think that you can avoid the hot burner now that you are forewarned? I don't think you need to worry about this. And after the first 48 hours, you'll hardly ever interface with it at all in any case.
ok thank you. That gives me more confidence than what you see and read. Can’t wait to install it. This is my 3rd JL and I’ve also had 7 SRT GCs. I purchased this current JL because my SRT GC was taking 6+ months. Now I’m not saying the JL is even close but it does lack the highway punch that I’m looking for.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
For those of you with Pedal Commanders, what is your everyday setting? I run at "City 1" in order to eliminate the flat spot, and increase responsiveness, without making it too quick to rev.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
For those of you with Pedal Commanders, what is your everyday setting? I run at "City 1" in order to eliminate the flat spot, and increase responsiveness, without making it too quick to rev.
@rickinAZ

Pedal Commander, mode = City, no - or +

For anyone that tows with their JL/JT auto tranny..... the Pedal Commander is a real plus to have... In general the Pedal Commander (a throttle controller) is a terrific addition to the vehicle.

Jeep Wrangler JL Throttle enhancers qr-code

SLK RCK

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

FrostQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running City +4 and I find that it's the perfect setting.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

SLK RCK

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
There four modes (like "sport") and nine settings (-4 thru +4) for each mode. 4x9=36

The Sport and especially Sport+ are over-the-top. I can't imagine anyone using them other than one time for kicks.
Maybe we should let them know their page is wrong?

"WHY PEDAL COMMANDER?
We are the world's most advanced throttle response controller
Eliminate your throttle lag with 36 different modes. "

One could easily offer that there are 36 steps divided into four groups to reset the "setting" scale, purely for the ease of customer use and understanding.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Maybe we should let them know their page is wrong?

"WHY PEDAL COMMANDER?
We are the world's most advanced throttle response controller
Eliminate your throttle lag with 36 different modes. "

One could easily offer that there are 36 steps divided into four groups to reset the "setting" scale, purely for the ease of customer use and understanding.
@SLK RCK

Why are you fretting about it.... :facepalm:

Sponsored

144treks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU 3.0L Diesel, 2006 Liberty 2.8L Diesel
OK, I bought my coal burner in Dec. of 2020. I had the Hikeit here when it came home because I test drove a ZR2 diesel and it had the death throttle and I fully expected that with the 3.0 based on these forums. For the record I never test drove a JL little lone a 3.0, just ordered it.

Moving forward to today and some nice weather I installed the Hikeit today. Holy cow. I will say if you take member comments with a grain of salt and say to yourself yeah, yeah, yeah, I can tell you the jeep is now the one I thought I was buying not the one they gave me. Holy cow. Holy cow.

You will not be disappointed with this upgrade. Why didn't I do this in the dealers lot?

Last edited:
OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OK, I bought my coal burner in Dec. of 2020. I had the Hikeit here when it came home because I test drove a ZR2 diesel and it had the death throttle and I fully expected that with the 3.0 based on these forums. For the record I never test drove a JL little lone a 3.0, just ordered it.

Moving forward to today and some nice weather I installed the Hikeit today. Holy cow. I will say if you take member comments with a grain of salt and say to yourself yeah, yeah, yeah, I can tell you the jeep is now the one I thought I was buying not the one they gave me. Holy cow. Holy cow.

You will not be disappointed with this upgrade. Why didn't I do this in the dealers lot?
There are actually people that think they can duplicate the experience by simply modulating their right foot with the stock throttle linkage. They've never driven a Jeep equipped with one.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
There are actually people that think they can duplicate the experience by simply modulating their right foot with the stock throttle linkage. They've never driven a Jeep equipped with one.
Go do (5-10) 0-60 runs and average them out. Then do the same with 1/4 mile runs. Then turn your thing there off and tell me if the times are any worse.

I can't tell you how your Jeep reacts, but I know mine gets it. I mentioned that I have one of these throttle deals on my 6.7L Powerstroke Ford Diesel. It absolutely allows the truck to run faster. No doubt in my mind. Without it no matter what I do with the pedal, the factory tune does not allow all of the power to come on until it is deemed safe to let it loose. When I have the pedal tuner deal on it flat gets it from a dead stop. This is exactly how I percieve the Jeep to behave IF, I stomp the pedal. If I pussyfoot around with it, then it acts accordingly.

Now I'm going to tell you, that you never should have driven your Jeep like a pussy, if you didn't want it to act that way....<<<somewhat said in jest.

I'm just annoyed because I admit I can't tell you how your Jeep drives. But you seem confident in telling me mine (and presumably others) do not do what we say they will.

I had no intention of responding to this thread, I've said my piece before elsewhere. However, I still read threads that I have a passing interest in. For instance maybe someone does some empirical testing (like I suggested you do....) and then I have to look at the evidence and say "well, clearly your throttle deal is the awesome sauce." At that point maybe I'd make a friendly wager as to whether or not it would do the same for my Jeep. So I buy one and do my own testing. Most likely it would show what others have seen. The throttle enhancer makes the Jeep faster. I would be out the friendly wager bet, but I'd have the awesome sauce to show for it.

Without the throttle enhancer on the 6.7L, from a dig my 3.0L would eat the Ford's lunch until the torque management of the Ford gives the OK. Almost every stock diesel pickup I've driven has this torque management achilles heel. The 3.0L Jeep does not feel like any other diesel I've driven. IMO the combo of the ZF 8 speed and the little Italian diesel could not have been paired any better. My 6.7L is clearly faster than the Jeep. It will smoke it from a rolling start where the TM can't ruin the fun. I don't know, maybe I got a special 3.0L :CWL:

Well, that's my story :angel:

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Most likely it would show what others have seen. The throttle enhancer makes the Jeep faster.
Hi Roy,
The only clarification I'd make, from my point-of-view, is that the Jeep is no faster - it just feels faster. [and...that's what makes it so cool]. EVERYONE who tries one swears by them. It looked like a total con job to me when I first heard about them.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Hi Roy,
The only clarification I'd make, from my point-of-view, is that the Jeep is no faster - it just feels faster. [and...that's what makes it so cool]. EVERYONE who tries one swears by them. It looked like a total con job to me when I first heard about them.
The one on my Ford does in fact actually make it faster, by allowing you access to more throttle sooner. I have tried to scoot across an intersection a couple times with it off and it is scary. You just kinda loaf on out there and it ever so slowly lets you build up speed. With it on, you'd think you were in a sports car. Peels a tire anytime you even remotely dip into the go pedal. I honestly find anything but the first setting all but unusable. It acts more like a light switch.

I will say the following as a negative point for the Jeep. I find if I am already in motion, and then stab the pedal, that is when the factory torque management/throttle pedal protection seems to come into play. I can note a hesitation at that point. Could be boost related for all I know.

But any and every time I am at a dead stop and slam the pedal to the floor the Jeep just flat moves. I won't claim they designed it to give us 100% power at full throttle stomp, but I think they were very very aggressive in that respect. JMO.

Only other diesel that didn't seem to have a problem going to full boogie no matter what, was my 07.5 Chevy Duramax. Never felt that 6 speed Allison do anything funky, the power was always right there, no hesitation. Almost makes me think the more robust the transmission the more aggressive the factory is with the programming.
Sponsored