Threedom S+ key fob

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
Wasn't sure where to post it but this thread seems good enough.

Over the past week I received the Model M and did the fob replacement. I'm really happy with it so far...it's so much smaller! I even weighed it; if I didn't have hood lock/gas locks I wouldn't need to carry the key with me and it'd be 1/3 the weight! It's even a lot smaller than my Mazda fob. That wasn't as advertised as much but I think it's even more noticeable than the size reduction. Another nice unsung feature is the back cutout, as it feels very natural to grab.

I found the iFixit suite of tools to be really helpful during the disassembly. Final product is fob attached to my Orbitkey organizer with two brass magnets.

Jeep Wrangler JL Threedom S+ key fob 19B662F4-399B-46C8-A96B-841C140A9918

Jeep Wrangler JL Threedom S+ key fob 918DF95E-6C93-46D1-A811-5FE0CF206075

Jeep Wrangler JL Threedom S+ key fob 3DD67C59-4422-4FB3-84D2-6BB1C3D56036

Jeep Wrangler JL Threedom S+ key fob 1CBBC73D-29C9-4B35-992D-121A9E9BEABF

Jeep Wrangler JL Threedom S+ key fob BC93C97D-1B04-421D-9BDD-0B6384757573

999575F3-85FD-438A-82E8-E183C0848A21.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
I will definitely buy this if it goes on sale for like 50% off. $63 seems pretty high, I can't see paying more than $30 shipped. I definitely want it, maybe a 50% off Black Friday deal? I don't even have my Jeep yet and I'm already buying things... picking up a used Tazer JL tomorrow!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Here is the Threedom, Model S+ install video for those interested in seeing what is involved in regard to it's assembly.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Great thread. Pricey Fob, but now I'm thinking of buying one.

OP
OP
YippieKiYayMrFalcon

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
@YippieKiYayMrFalcon

You've had your Model S+ for about a month now....... You still in lust with it? Any feedback for THREEDOM .....

@YippieKiYayMrFalcon

You've had your Model S+ for about a month now....... You still in lust with it?

Any feedback for @Threedom .... and other's here. I know the S+ has my đź‘Ť ..
No real feedback other than it’s been great! Much better than being jabbed in the leg with the key.

Sponsored

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
@YippieKiYayMrFalcon

You've had your Model S+ for about a month now....... You still in lust with it? Any feedback for THREEDOM .....

@YippieKiYayMrFalcon

You've had your Model S+ for about a month now....... You still in lust with it?

Any feedback for @Threedom .... and other's here. I know the S+ has my đź‘Ť ..
Not on the S+ exactly but as far as questions for @Threedom , how did they create the cool fob that's on their home page? It's not something you can build as far as I can tell.

Jeep Wrangler JL Threedom S+ key fob 1637730567943

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not on the S+ exactly but as far as questions for @Threedom , how did they create the cool fob that's on their home page? It's not something you can build as far as I can tell.

1637730567943.png
@blink9cd

Are you talking about the one in the pic above ...... the pic of the one you posted?

If, so...... no, a Model M with the colored buttons like in the picture, is not currently offered.

The Camo color(s) like in the pic, is currently offered without colored buttons.

THREEDOM recently mentioned that fobs with colored buttons, will soon be offered.

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
@blink9cd

Are you talking about the one in the pic above ...... the pic of the one you posted?

If, so...... no, a Model M with the colored buttons like in the picture, is not currently offered.

The Camo color(s) like in the pic, is currently offered without colored buttons.

THREEDOM recently mentioned that fobs with colored buttons, will soon be offered.

Well besides the button color themselves, also the jeep theme for the buttons is pretty neat. I didn't see that an option so wondering how they did that

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well besides the button color themselves, also the jeep theme for the buttons is pretty neat. I didn't see that an option so wondering how they did that

@blink9cd

I'm thinking/my guess... is you will never see a THREEDOM fob offered to the public, with a Jeep grill or a little Willy's Jeep on it or similar... Reason being..... is that Stellantis would be after them for doing so...

With that said .... expect button colors to be offered soon, but no proprietary stuff on the Threedom fobs, caps, covers, etc..

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saw this the other day..... JL in the video looks like my JL.

Geeeez, I really like my Model S+

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was at a Jeep dealer the other day to a visit the General Manager there that I am very close friends with...

Of course, I brought a few of the different @Threedom aftermarket fobs with me to show to him and other's there... Yup, I also brought Threedom wiper caps and door lock covers too...

As usual, all that I showed the goodies to really got jazzed up over them.... Had a bunch there get the Threedom website address from me..

Big hit was the Model S+ with the retractable key...

Also, a lot of interest was shown for the Model S+ Sport, the buttonless fob... AND of course all the dog owner's went goo goo eyed over the Paw key hole covers...

Model S+ Sport for those JL and JT Sport owner's...
Jeep Wrangler JL Threedom S+ key fob Model S+ Sport

Threedom

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mythreedom.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU & Gladiator
A bit late to this party but what was Jeep thinking about their switchblade design. Anyhow got my s+ and love it. Super light and no longer stabbing myself.

19101CB2-8E43-4FEE-AC86-19600D50E25B.jpeg
@Lndshk

Looks great! Thank you very much for your purchase of a Threedom fob..

For other's ......Notice both the red and blue thin line on the fob... One of Threedom's thin line series. A real eye catcher this particular Model S+ is..

donavo

First Name
Av
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
does the key slider wear down after a lot of use? does it retain a click type of lock or does it become loose and eventually slide out far easier than preferred?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
does the key slider wear down after a lot of use? does it retain a click type of lock or does it become loose and eventually slide out far easier than preferred?
@donavo

I'm a product tester for Threedom. They send me something new they develop and I use and am make a point out of using it roughly... beating up on it so to speak.... I actually look very hard for short comings in the product and try to get it to fail.

I have had a few Model S+'s to test.. Yes, there initially were shortcomings I found and reported... and Yes, Threedom did design changes that remedied those issues..

The retractable key locks in both the retracted and extended positions.

When you retract or extend you do not really hear much of an audible click. The Nylon PA12 , (An Engineering Grade Material) that the piece that fastens to the key ... that causes it to lock into position is nylon.... so does not give you that sound say, a similar piece, made of metal would give.

My first test unit, Model S+ with retractable key, has been extended and retracted, hundreds and hundreds of times. I have done this and also the many many other Jeep owner's that I have showed the fob (let them fool with it) to, have done this..

Anyway, the retractable key on that particular S+, extends and retracts exactly the same today, as it did months ago when I first assembled it.

Regarding that small nylon piece that fastens to the key.... the part that is what makes the key lock in position .... well, it is very stout.. I can't see it failing. I cannot see that if would fail, even after long term, rough use.

In closing.... don't worry about the retractable key.... and do know that Threedom, will under warranty, send out that piece I am talking about... and you would then, just very easily replace that part.. Again, I highly doubt you or anyone will need to ever replace that part of the Model S+ fob or any other part of a Threedom fob, I might add.

Pic of Nylon PA12 part that attaches to the key. You use the factory fob roll pin, to fasten the part to the key.
Jeep Wrangler JL Threedom S+ key fob 000i
Sponsored