Threedom Model S+ Sport - New Buttonless Fob

Threedom

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Reaction score
Website
mythreedom.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
We just recently released our Model S+ fob (sliding key built-in) which serves all those with power door locks. We haven't forgotten about the Jeeps with manual door locks, those who need the key the most.

Our industrial design team has been working on the buttonless S+ design with the intention of reducing the size and improving the experience. We have developed several different concept designs and ultimately landed on the two concepts shown in the photos. These offer the greatest reduction in size while incorporating the sliding key and providing a better user experience (more comfortable).

The softer shaped fob feels better to hold and is less "harsh" while the angular shape appears less "blob-like". We'd love to get feedback from the group as to which design is most preferred.

A small snippet of sketches is included below to give a sense of the different concepts we considered.

Model S+--1.jpg
Model S+--2.jpg
Teaser.jpg
Advertisement

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
+1 for softer shape

Rhinebeck01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
@lalalofsky
@Jebiruph

Well, the Buttonless S+ with "sliding key built-in" ....... has popped out of one of the many 3D printer's at Threedom.....

-- It's in the final testing stage and will soon be listed on Threedom's website, for those that want to order one.

Can tell you it looks real nice ..... and the key slider works really really well.... just like the slider in the S+ with buttons.

Just wanted to let you know that Threedom did come through with their promise to have a Buttonless S+ .....

When it is available and I see it listed on Threedom's website, I will post that info in this thread.

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
@lalalofsky
@Jebiruph

Well, the Buttonless S+ with "sliding key built-in" ....... has popped out of one of the many 3D printer's at Threedom.....

-- It's in the final testing stage and will soon be listed on Threedom's website, for those that want to order one.

Can tell you it looks real nice ..... and the key slider works really really well.... just like the slider in the S+ with buttons.

Just wanted to let you know that Threedom did come through with their promise to have a Buttonless S+ .....

When it is available and I see it listed on Threedom's website, I will post that info in this thread.

Thank you! I will be watching and waiting!

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Systems Engineering
So wait. I just hold it in front of me and speak, "UNLOCK!" and that's what it does? I'm starting to like this whole buttonless thing after all!

PS: Wait, what happens if some idiot starts yelling, "REMOTE START! REMOTE START!" Can I stop it, or is it keyed only to my voice?

Thanks.

Rhinebeck01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
Below is a pic of two different stock JL/JT fobs..... for two different vehicles..

The buttonless stock fob on the left is for a manual lock/ crank window JT Sport....

Both fobs in the pic are facing face side up!
lllll.jpg

Rhinebeck01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
I posted this in another thread but will post here also...

I am presently working with 2 prototypes of this Threedom Model S+ buttonless...

They are nice.. a pleasure compared to the clunker, factory/stock buttonless fob.

This fob weighs lots less then the factory buttonless fob ....
This fob is about a 1/2" shorter and a 1/4" narrower...
Fits in my jeans small coin/watch pocket...

The hand to fob feel so to speak is really nice. Retractable key works well and the key locks in both extended and retracted positions.

-You cannot take a factory fob's circuit board with buttons on the circuit board and place it in the fob.. It will not fit. This fob is for a buttonless circuit board out of a factory/stock fob.

This S+ buttonless will be for guys/gals.. with a base model JL/JT..... that have no buttons on their clunky factory/stock fob..

This Threedom S+ buttonless, fob will hold the stock fobs circuit board, RFID chip, a battery and of course the stock key... and do it in a smaller, lighter, to me,.... much better looking container/fob..

OP
OP
Threedom

Threedom

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Reaction score
Website
mythreedom.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Available now! ..... and.....

We have been getting lots of very positive feedback in regard to our buttonless, Model S+ Sport.

Available in different colors and in different textures....
https://mythreedom.com/

choose.jpg

The Model S+ Sport (buttonless) has the same locking key function as shown in this video demonstrating the Model S+. The key locks firmly in both the extended and closed positions..

Picture of a Model S+ Sport (buttonless) / Black with Smooth Texture posted by a forum member..
Model S+ Sport.jpg

Advertisement

Smart Stop Start

Advertisement