Three JL Rublicon Unlimiteds went West from Michigan Pic and Video heavy...

OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
@wibornz

Man that looked like it was a lot of fun! Very jealous now! I want to head out west really bad! Glad you had a great time!
You might be pressing your luck now with after all Winter is Coming.

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
I’m planning an impulsive run up to CO for next week. Our vacation got canceled but we’re off so want to do something fun!!
we won’t be going in a group it’ll just be my jeep on 2 inch lift with 35s air lockers front and rear. I need to see your opinion on those for trails in Colorado? Do you think it be OK to try those alone? I know that’s a no-no. But I thought if I stuck to the easier ones I might be OK? What would you suggest? Thanks so much for sharing your adventure it looks amazing!

OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I’m planning an impulsive run up to CO for next week. Our vacation got canceled but we’re off so want to do something fun!!
we won’t be going in a group it’ll just be my jeep on 2 inch lift with 35s air lockers front and rear. I need to see your opinion on those for trails in Colorado? Do you think it be OK to try those alone? I know that’s a no-no. But I thought if I stuck to the easier ones I might be OK? What would you suggest? Thanks so much for sharing your adventure it looks amazing!
If you are running the Badge of Honor trails in Colorado, I would not worry about going alone. We saw all kinds of people on every badge trail.

Your Jeep will easily do all of the badge trails except Holy Cross. We did run Webster Pass and then took Red Cone Pass back. That was a cool trail run, but we saw no one on the entire trail. Note Webster Pass and Red Cone are not a badge trail.

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
If you are running the Badge of Honor trails in Colorado, I would not worry about going alone. We saw all kinds of people on every badge trail.

Your Jeep will easily do all of the badge trails except Holy Cross. We did run Webster Pass and then took Red Cone Pass back. That was a cool trail run, but we saw no one on the entire trail. Note Webster Pass and Red Cone are not a badge trail.
Yay! Thank you! I’m trying to talk my husband into it ;). He’s worried about going alone, but I think we’ll be ok! I appreciate the quick response and encouragement!! :)

OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler unlimited sport
looks awesome and like a lot of fun... i gotta say though that Punkin is the best looking and definitely stands out in that type of landscape in the drone shots LOL.

jack bauer

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner TRD Pro (SOLD). Rubi is up next.
How were the 37's on such a long road trip?

Outlawd

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
Very good thread, pics and story was awesome. thanks for sharing. :)

Memphis Peej

First Name
PJ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Acura TSX, 2019 Moab!!!
I really love hearing about your adventures. If you’re ever in Memphis give me a holler!

OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I will be posting a new adventure soon. Just got home from a 5734 mile wheeling trip. Maybe monday or tuesday.

Advertisement

Chrysler Factory Warranty

Advertisement