Threatened by Jeep cares and FCA

rx2man

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
leSabre
I'm still trying to figure out what the hell you thought a call center employee was going to be able to personally do for your welds? What would you expect them to concede with the threat of contacting the attorney general? They don't have ANY technical knowledge let alone the capacity to determine whether your welds are ok or not........they can refer you to a dealer or body shop but I'm sure you'd just get your panties all bunched up. Unless your car is at the dealer and the dealer is escalating the issue through their district service rep you will make 0 progress. Your incompetence and threats will get you absolutely nowhere...... but cool story bro
Sometimes you have to get the AG involved.....I live in AZ and in 09 purchased a car and wanted to extend the factory warranty with a factory extended warranty (as in not a 3rd party warranty). When I get home and am going over the paperwork again I see that they sold me a 3rd party warranty. Call the dealer and let them know there was a mistake. Their reply, "we don't sell the factory warranty". Imagine my surprise.....so I go to cancel it and a couple mos go by with me calling every couple weeks to check to see why my money has not been refunded. Finally after fesling with this for a couple mos I contacted the AG and informed the dealership. Within a week I had my refund. So sometimes you are left with no choice and if the Jeep had resprayed the welds before it left the factory we would not be having this discussion. Sorry Capt Zoom that you are getting a bunch of crap from trolls.....
Sponsored

bgweed

First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Sierra All Terrain
Im curious how the X-ray works. I sell Radiology equipment for a living (20+ years in the field). All metal shows up as a solid black (dark part of the image) on a x-ray. Are they putting the dye in and then shooting x-ray on the welds to show leaks in the welds? Basically the dye will show the holes? Wouldn't the dye fill the holes like barium dose on swallow?
You don't dye and then xray. They are 2 different inspection methods.

The dye penetration examination uses one of several types of dyes that become more visible when they find small fissures, etc. This examination only identifies surface flaws. https://fhwaapps.fhwa.dot.gov/ndep/DisplayTechnology.aspx?tech_id=2

X-ray examination is similar to an X-ray for medical use. Here are examples of what they look like: https://www.nde-ed.org/EducationRes...ography/TechCalibrations/RadiographInterp.htm

carolinaclan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLU
Does everyone not understand the minute you threaten a lawyer this is the response you will get - it will go under notes for your VIN and they won’t help you anymore because you are threatening to retain legal counsel. Calls and notes now become legal records.

I have read on one here of one tie rod failure possibly linked to a weld failure - out of the 87k Jeeps produces I haven’t seen or read anything about weld failures.
no where did i say that i threatened a lawyer .. i ultimately had to hire one due to lemon law process. Im sure they are telling people that in hopes that they dont get representation but dont jump to the conclusion that people are threatening them

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
no where did i say that i threatened a lawyer .. i ultimately had to hire one due to lemon law process. Im sure they are telling people that in hopes that they dont get representation but dont jump to the conclusion that people are threatening them

Why would they tell you this if you didn’t tell them you were getting an attorney -

“Jeep Cares told me they would close my case if i went to an attorney”.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Back when I was living in AZ i had a TJ that was getting some body work and a paint job. The body shop did a crap job on the paint (massive orange peel) and tried to say it was normal. Refuse to fix it. So I went to their other shop across town with a recorder and said I wanted an estimate cause another body shop did a crap job (not saying which shop). The guy goes on and on about how bad it was. I said thanks and asked for the owner who's office was there. Played the recording and showed him the paperwork from his other shop. I had a new paint job done within a week and was given a whole lot of apologies.
Good thinking .

Sponsored

carolinaclan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLU
Why would they tell you this if you didn’t tell them you were getting an attorney -

“Jeep Cares told me they would close my case if i went to an attorney”.
i asked about lemon law procedure with them ... i know its hard to comprehend that a MFG would discourage people from hiring an attorney 8-)

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
i asked about lemon law procedure with them ... i know its hard to comprehend that a MFG would discourage people from hiring an attorney 8-)
Hard to comprehend , yes ; but welcome to the world of shady businessmen threatening to stiff an honest customer who complains about quality .

An actually honest businessman will always welcome the opportunity to help an honest customer .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Im sure they are telling people that in hopes that they dont get representation
Well Said , @carolinaclan . The manufacturer's well-paid legal office wrote the script that they told you , with exactly that hope . It is all well thought out in advance of your call for help . Best wishes for your lemon law resolution in your favor .

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Are you compelled at signing to agree to arbitration?

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Are you compelled at signing to agree to arbitration?
English equity common law says that I am signing for a reasonably well-constructed product , and if compulsory arbitration is an attempt to get away with selling a defective , then that is what lemon laws are for . If the bad welds are there before selling the product to me , then sorry , but that is what lemon laws are for .

Last edited:

Sponsored

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
But here’s the kicker- at current, there is not a proven situation that the vehicle is a lemon. As far as I can tell, there is a complaint about weld quality. Looks bad- but no proof of them being a failure. Further, lemon laws factor time without use. Was there a proven situation where the driver could not drive the vehicle due to failure or mechanical breakdown?

I don’t mean to be a jerk about it, but even an expert saying “those are crappy looking welds” isn’t really much more than a statement of cosmetic deficiency. Without a weld failure or a completed test to show the propensity of failure- you just have a complaint about what something looks like. That’s not really in the line of a lemon situation.

Bad business practice? Sure. Worth a complaint, maybe more? You could. But to state more than that, there needs to be more than people giving it a visual inspection and saying “nah, that’s ugly”. That’s pretty much why there is no traction from Jeep. If they don’t see an issue- it’s just a complaint. And when legal representation is threatened, they have to stop communication. I’ve worked at several jobs that have this policy. As soon as you hear a lawyer is involved, I tell my people to calmly explain that it’s the company policy to cease communication and to have their legal contact ours. That’s not a new policy and likely one shared by most companies.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Looks bad- but no proof of them being a failure. Was there a proven situation where the driver could not drive the vehicle due to failure or mechanical breakdown?
That’s pretty much why there is no traction from Jeep. If they don’t see an issue- it’s just a complaint.
Except , see the thread : " Track bar sheared off at the weld " . Isn't that proof ? Isn't that mechanical breakdown ? Isn't that an issue ?

Oh ! The company cannot answer that or discuss it with the victim , and tells the victim to go pound sand . Give me a break !

Last edited:

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
And when legal representation is threatened, they have to stop communication.
Who made that decision to stop communication with an aggrieved customer who paid big bucks ? Sounds like an evasion of responsibility .

Sounds like the big rich hotel in Las Vegas who is preemptively filing lawsuits against the victims of the concert , including the victim deputy sheriff who is paralyzed ?

Would they do that if one of the victims was one of the big rich hotel's lawyers filing the lawsuits against the victims ? Ha ! The big rich hotel's lawyer could file a lawsuit against himself if he was himself a victim ? Give me a break !

Last edited:

YaThatAintRight

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon "THE LLAMA"
Occupation
Automotive Instructional Designer
Except , see the thread : " Track bar sheared off at the weld " . Isn't that proof ? Isn't that mechanical breakdown ? Isn't that an issue ?

Oh ! The company cannot answer that or discuss it with the victim , and tells the victim to go pound sand . Give me a break !
This is only proof that this one customer had a defect........not that every single vehicle produced has a defect.

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
I'll give the OP the same advice that my Attorney gave me for the issues that we are having with our F150 for faulty 4WD/IWEs and Ford Corporate....

"You'll be way ahead if you just trade it and don't get me involved"

I halfway listened to him and did not proceed with any type of suit....I have extended warranty and just plan on taking the truck back every-time it breaks (which is a lot) for the next 150,000 miles. They will eventually regret not buying it back from me

Doc
Sponsored