Sponsored

Threatened by Jeep cares and FCA

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Who made that decision to stop communication with an aggrieved customer who paid big bucks ? Sounds like an evasion of responsibility .

Sounds like the big rich hotel in Las Vegas who is preemptively filing lawsuits against the victims of the concert , including the victim deputy sheriff who is paralyzed ?

Would they do that if one of the victims was one of the big rich hotel's lawyers filing the lawsuits against the victims ? Ha ! The big rich hotel's lawyer could file a lawsuit against himself if he was himself a victim ? Give me a break !
The Vegas deal isn’t that simple at all. It is completely normal to take this step. They are essentially playing this card to prevent being sued for the situation. MGM didn’t do anything wrong and their filing is to prevent the need to prove this in court for every person. None of the victims are losing money, they are losing the ability to go after a big hotel just to fleece for money.

Totally different deal than this situation. It’s a very common deal to not want your front line staff to start racking up legal dealings. If you want to involve a lawyer- so does the company you are going after. Joe Minimum Wage isn’t that person, so companies don’t want them heading the conversations. I’ve never worked for a company that does it differently.
Sponsored

Last edited:

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
They are essentially playing this card. None of the victims are losing money, they are losing the ability to go after a big hotel just to fleece for money.
Thanks for your sincere explanation . No disrespect to your logical narrative .

Still , in my eyes , looks completely heartless to file lawsuits against an innocent paralyzed victim , who has not himself filed a lawsuit .

"playing this card" is a good analogy , because the house always wins .

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Thanks for your sincere explanation . No disrespect to your logical narrative .

Still , in my eyes , looks completely heartless to file lawsuits against an innocent paralyzed victim , who has not himself filed a lawsuit .

"playing this card" is a good analogy , because the house always wins .
You know, I’ll just say it- I’m completely cool with us having differing opinions, as you aren’t being a D about it. High five for conversation and effort.

Ddivinia

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
How would they fix it? New frame?

Check trade in numbers.

You might not be happy with the vehicle after they swap the frame and nothing else fits, rattles or they put a wiring harness on the wrong side of the frame and have weird electrical problem.

Buh Bye to that jeep.

Glad I bought a 17 JK while they figure out the JL,
D.

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X 4XE, '23 Defender 130
So....Customer threatens going to the state attorney general and then acts surprised when FCA responds in kind? Is that the tldr?

Shocking.

Sponsored

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
So....Customer threatens going to the state attorney general and then acts surprised when FCA responds in kind? Is that the tldr?

Shocking.
Do have the slightest clue what the State Attorney General is and does? It appears not based on your comment.....

Recap for you:
The State Attorney General is basically the BBB where consumers can file complaints against businesses.. Please properly train your employees before they make idle threats to customers and disconnect calls.

See the description of the Washington State Attorney General here: (note: all States have similar verbiage)

https://www.atg.wa.gov/fileacomplaint.aspx

*snip*

We offer an informal complaint resolution service to Washington state residents, and to consumers with complaints about businesses located in Washington state. Through this process, we contact businesses to determine their response to consumer complaints. If a business refuses to respond or to make an adjustment, we cannot compel them to do so. We inform consumers of alternatives if our complaint resolution service is not successful.

The Attorney General's Office is authorized to bring legal action only in the name of the State of Washington, and is prohibited from serving as an attorney for individual consumers. We are further prohibited from giving advice, rendering opinions or interpretations, or conducting research on behalf of individuals

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The attorney general is an executive office in all 50 states that serves as the chief legal advisor and chief law enforcement officer for the state government and is empowered to prosecute violations of state law, represent the state in legal disputes and issue legal advice to state agencies and the legislature.

Is the op in Washington state? It could easily be perceived as a threat if op accused them of violating state laws (ie lemon laws) and were thus informing the ag. Peope fail to think through their actions, or assume a response, and when the outcome doesn't work out for them they act surprised, but they shouldn't be.

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
The attorney general is an executive office in all 50 states that serves as the chief legal advisor and chief law enforcement officer for the state government and is empowered to prosecute violations of state law, represent the state in legal disputes and issue legal advice to state agencies and the legislature.

Is the op in Washington state? It could easily be perceived as a threat if op accused them of violating state laws (ie lemon laws) and were thus informing the ag. Peope fail to think through their actions, or assume a response, and when the outcome doesn't work out for them they act surprised, but they shouldn't be.
Sometimes is best to say my bad and move along before digging hole deeper....

Please educate yourself before making rude and snide comments directed at the OP.....

There is not a State Attorney General in the US that will act as an individual attorney for a consumer, Lemon Law included!. They can bring cases on behalf of and in the name of the State not a consumer!

So if the OP said he was going to file a BBB complaint you'd expect Jeep Wave to behave the same?

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sometimes is best to say my bad and move along before digging hole deeper....

Please educate yourself before making rude and snide comments directed at the OP.....

There is not a State Attorney General in the US that will act as an individual attorney for a consumer, Lemon Law included!. They can bring cases on behalf of and in the name of the State not a consumer!

So if the OP said he was going to file a BBB complaint you'd expect Jeep Wave to behave the same?
So they could bring legal action on behalf of the state, right? Like if somebody recorded a call and accused them of breaking state laws?

And yeah, if they said they were going to report to the bbb I guess the damage is already done, so why continue to engage? To try to convince them otherwise after they've started lobbing threats? Maybe it's just me, but if somebody starts lobbing threats, particularly if they lead with one, I disengage and cut my losses.

Sponsored

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
So they could bring legal action on behalf of the state, right? Like if somebody recorded a call and accused them of breaking state laws?

And yeah, if they said they were going to report to the bbb I guess the damage is already done, so why continue to engage? To try to convince them otherwise after they've started lobbing threats? Maybe it's just me, but if somebody starts lobbing threats, particularly if they lead with one, I disengage and cut my losses.
You clearly do not understand what and how a State Attorney General operates so I'll leave it be since you also appear to have no interest in education yourself on the matter...

So if Jeep Wave threatened you, you'd cut your losses and let it go? Their threat to the OP was without merit and would have zero standing. The OP, as far as I can tell, did not tell them he was getting an attorney. He said he'd file complaint with the State Attorney General. Not even close to being one in the same....

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Glad I bought a 17 JK while they figure out the JL,
D.
Ditto that ! In fact , when I ordered my '16 , I specified in writing that I expected military quality in my special order , and also specified certain individual needs , and they followed through . Thus avoiding any future back and forth about what was expected . Jeep and dealer were both very agreeable and voluntarily accommodating .

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Ditto that ! In fact , when I ordered my '16 , I specified in writing that I expected military quality in my special order , and also specified certain individual needs , and they followed through . Thus avoiding any future back and forth about what was expected . Jeep and dealer were both very agreeable and voluntarily accommodating .
I actually traded my 6 week old JL Sport in on a 2018 JKUR... :muscle: :flag:

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I actually traded my 6 week old JL Sport in on a 2018 JKUR... :muscle: :flag:
Good move ! By doing so , you avoided the drama of arguing with Jeep or the dealer . I prefer the JK because less electronics .

That said , I do agree with the OP @Capt-Zoom , that Jeep ought to be accommodating because the weld issue is Jeep's fault , and Jeep ought not threaten to void his warranty because he complains about the welds . That is really dumb of Jeep , since we already know about "track bar shearing off at the weld" .

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
That said , I do agree with the OP that Jeep ought to be accommodating when the weld issue is Jeep's fault , and not the OP .
Agree... The OP did nothing wrong other than go up against a mega corporation. Some go into meltdown mode if anything negative is said about FCA, Jeep or Jeep Wave. If they own stock in FCA then I can see them wanting to defend but............

I had several issues with my JL and Jeep Wave was rude to me as well and made threats to me as well (I posted earlier in this thread)... Jeep Wave told me to pound sand and there was nothing they would do. I contact the CEO's office and his exec team took care of me...

My advise? Go through Jeep Wave and document everything. Names, employee numbers and if your State allows it, record the calls. Jeep Wave will lie through their teeth so be prepared. When you reach the end of Jeep Wave contact the CEO's office. His exec team got back to me the next day after I sent the email. My problems were resolved in one 15 minute phone call from his office...
Sponsored