Threatened by Jeep cares and FCA

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I tried to read all this, but it got distracting. Did the OP have weld issues? and are the issues legitimate? I haven't heard of any welds failing, but to be fair I also haven't gone looking. I guess I'm curious as to what OP wanted... a new Jeep with better/ prettier welds, discounts, etc?

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding but I don't see them doing that.

And lets be fair to the call center people, they are min wage workers that have a little list of things they can say/do. The middle manager doesn't want his name next to a 40k issue. And as much of an encyclopedia as people are here, if you drop the word "attorney" I don't think public servant or anything else but LAWYER. At that point they have to stop talking less they get their company in trouble.

Again, apologies if I'm wrong

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X 4XE, '23 Defender 130
You clearly do not understand what and how a State Attorney General operates so I'll leave it be since you also appear to have no interest in education yourself on the matter...

So if Jeep Wave threatened you, you'd cut your losses and let it go? Their threat to the OP was without merit and would have zero standing. The OP, as far as I can tell, did not tell them he was getting an attorney. He said he'd file complaint with the State Attorney General. Not even close to being one in the same....
I know exactly how they work and specified the exact situation I think applied. You obviously don't care and have an axe to grind, so I'll let you do so.

My prior actions would dictate my response to jeep wave, if they threatened me unprompted would warrant a different response than if I threatened them first...

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
You obviously don't care and have an axe to grind, so I'll let you do so.
So now it's my fault that you made a disparaging comment about the OP's situation without having any information at all? Now lets add in you being absolutely clueless as to what a State Attorney General is and does (other than whats obviously a 1 minute Google search on your part) and I have an ax to grind? LOL, ya gotta love the internet sometimes!

Sponsored

Kirasdad

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Rubicon
On the phone with jeep cares agent today and he starts badgering me asking if i hired a lawyer. Stating that if i have, then jeep cares will no longer talk to me and mt 2 month old JLU Sport's warranty is void.

Wow...just wow.

Jeep Cares is an oxymoron, like military intelligence.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
You don't dye and then xray. They are 2 different inspection methods.

The dye penetration examination uses one of several types of dyes that become more visible when they find small fissures, etc. This examination only identifies surface flaws. https://fhwaapps.fhwa.dot.gov/ndep/DisplayTechnology.aspx?tech_id=2

X-ray examination is similar to an X-ray for medical use. Here are examples of what they look like: https://www.nde-ed.org/EducationRes...ography/TechCalibrations/RadiographInterp.htm
That makes a lot more sense. In medical use dye is added to the body to aid in things showing up on the x-ray so I was trying to wrap my mind around how that would work on something thats metal. Thanks for the links!

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Jeep Cares is an oxymoron, like military intelligence.
Not a true oxymoron , which is a term from the Greek meaning 'sharply foolish' ( 'oxus' and 'moros' ) . For example : a soldier who insists on going his own way .

Last edited:

Kirasdad

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Rubicon
I’ve made 5 trips to local Jeep dealers, and more than I care to count, calls to Jeep Wave, and there is no STAR case, or even a record of my issues with Jeep Wave.

Terrible service and follow up by oJeep.

OP
OP

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Corporate told me to take mine to have the frame checked again...so I try to make an appt and the new dealer refuses to look at it saying that district says they can't. The f'ing thing is under warranty. Thanks again Jeep for giving me a shitty frame.

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Corporate told me to take mine to have the frame checked again...so I try to make an appt and the new dealer refuses to look at it saying that district says they can't. The f'ing thing is under warranty. Thanks again Jeep for giving me a shitty frame.
They got the money .

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
OP
OP

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads