Threatened by Jeep cares and FCA

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
On the phone with jeep cares agent today and he starts badgering me asking if i hired a lawyer. Stating that if i have, then jeep cares will no longer talk to me and mt 2 month old JLU Sport's warranty is void.

Wow...just wow.
Sponsored

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn’t sound like something a customer service rep would say, when their calls are recorded.
Really? I recently was also treated poorly and reached the Jeep CEO;s office. I recorded several calls and kept notes of everyone I spoke with, including their ID #'s.

The Jeep CEO executive team member who called me today was appalled at how I was treated.. Don't be so fast to discount the OP's story..

Sponsored

JK47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Really? I recently was also treated poorly and reached the Jeep CEO;s office. I recorded several calls and kept notes of everyone I spoke with, including their ID #'s.

The Jeep CEO executive team member who called me today was appalled at how I was treated.. Don't be so fast to discount the OP's story..
Did you inform them they were being recorded?

OP
OP

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Legality of recording a phone call or conversation without their knowledge varies by state. For instance in AZ only one person in the party needs to be aware and that can be the person doing the recording.

I sent my email to CEOs office today.

JK47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

Did you inform them they were being recorded?
Legality of recording a phone call or conversation without their knowledge varies by state. For instance in AZ only one person in the party needs to be aware and that can be the person doing the recording.

I sent my email to CEOs office today.
Does that apply to where the caller is calling from? Or where the CEO's office is? I doubt they are in the same state...

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Soooo...what’s the big deal anyway? Why all the recording and note taking?

Lar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I'm just guessing here but usually there are at least two sides to every story... and yes once you use the "L" word that moves you into the next step on the ladder and the "nice" guys move on and your mouth piece needs to talk to their mouth piece.
It's a litigious world today. A lawyer on every corner and they need someone to sue for something. Can't fault corporations from trying to protect themselves .and their shareholders money.

JMO

Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I've had other customer service agents pause with the threat of a lawyer. At that point they must stop and forward you to their legal department.

I had this issue with Verizon. They didn't shut off a phone I had cancelled and still charged me. When I called they said they would give me my money back and then didn't. I called back obviously maf and made a comment of "so do I need to get a lawyer involved?" He informed me if I did he would have to stop all steps trying to help me and legal would take over. In the end, they finally took care of me.

If you think getting a min wage phone answerer to help you is hard, I can't imagine the 300 an hour guy is going to be more flexible.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
On the phone with jeep cares agent today and he starts badgering me asking if i hired a lawyer. Stating that if i have, then jeep cares will no longer talk to me and mt 2 month old JLU Sport's warranty is void.

Wow...just wow.
Doesn’t sound like much of a threat - you keep talking about hiring a lawyer and Jeep Cares can’t void your bumper to bumper warranty.

How many times a day do you call Jeep Cares and complain - do you do the same with your dealership?

Zoobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I'm guessing you weren't exactly being 'nice' yourself, to invoke a reaction like this ;)