Sponsored

Thoughts on pricing for 19 JLU Sahara

BayouBeauty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew 4x4 EcoDiesel
I am looking to order a vehicle with this configuration. Mainly I have to order because this configuration is not found on any dealer lot within 500 miles.

I have called and left VM for Kim @Superior (Conway,AR) and emailed numerous times and have not been able to get any reply.

So is this a decent deal? $5k dealer discount off MSRP. I thanked the salesperson for this build sheet and asked what the final price would reflect after they apply my affiliate pricing discount and military rebate and they responded with “This is the whole order! This is all it gives us when we do an order.”

Advice? TIA

7999D1C3-0179-4EE4-B330-59C83F2D48A9.jpeg
Sponsored

okie dokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I am looking to order a vehicle with this configuration. Mainly I have to order because this configuration is not found on any dealer lot within 500 miles.

I have called and left VM for Kim @Superior (Conway,AR) and emailed numerous times and have not been able to get any reply.

So is this a decent deal? $5k dealer discount off MSRP. I thanked the salesperson for this build sheet and asked what the final price would reflect after they apply my affiliate pricing discount and military rebate and they responded with “This is the whole order! This is all it gives us when we do an order.”

Advice? TIA

7999D1C3-0179-4EE4-B330-59C83F2D48A9.jpeg

According to my handy dandy @misanthrope spreadsheet that's roughly 7% under invoice so looks good to me.

FWIW, I reached out to Kim @ Superior several times based on others positive feedback and I got butkus so maybe shes no longer doing new buys?

heels19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Wrangler Sahara (Sting Gray), 14 Wrangler Sahara (Dune)
Just a tad below 6% under invoice which is relatively competitive. Anything below 5%, I personally think is a solid deal - especially if it's a local dealership and doesn't require you to expand your search radius. All depends on your appetite to go hunt for an additional 1-2%, generally speaking 8% is the best that anyone is getting nationally.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
First, I would have them clarify how they arrived at that price, and if it does, indeed, include your military (TFYS:flag:) discount and your Affiliate Rewards pricing. Those are quite significant. This write-up is actually closer to 5.75% below invoice, but like @heels19 mentioned, anything around 6% is respectable. To get 7-8% you'd have to travel quite a distance which would probably negate any savings. If you're comfortable with your local, I say jump on it, but push for the additional discounts, especially the military rebate. “This is the whole order! This is all it gives us when we do an order.” This doesn't make much sense to me. Yes, it's the whole order, but the pricing is something they arrived at. The reference to "it" giving them something sounds like a bit of obfuscation. Get complete clarification.
It should be arriving right around Jazzfest, so I'll come down and break it in for you :). Interesting you got it in Bikini, but the color name isn't listed on the POC, just the color code (PPT):movember:.

OP
OP

BayouBeauty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First, I would have them clarify how they arrived at that price, and if it does, indeed, include your military (TFYS:flag:) discount and your Affiliate Rewards pricing. Those are quite significant. This write-up is actually closer to 5.75% below invoice, but like @heels19 mentioned, anything around 6% is respectable. To get 7-8% you'd have to travel quite a distance which would probably negate any savings. If you're comfortable with your local, I say jump on it, but push for the additional discounts, especially the military rebate. “This is the whole order! This is all it gives us when we do an order.” This doesn't make much sense to me. Yes, it's the whole order, but the pricing is something they arrived at. The reference to "it" giving them something sounds like a bit of obfuscation. Get complete clarification.
It should be arriving right around Jazzfest, so I'll come down and break it in for you :). Interesting you got it in Bikini, but the color name isn't listed on the POC, just the color code (PPT):movember:.
Thank you!

Yes this is the wife’s vehicle and she bounced back and forth on the color she wanted and then from way left field she chose Bikini Pearl. But as for the dealer, you can see how I responded. I am out of town currently but plan to show up Friday and hopefully they will write it on paper.

3D8E5D65-2BF1-41BD-85A0-E2995227C681.jpeg

Sponsored

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
If you are looking in AK and don’t mind driving into TX, I just got 8.5% from DeMontrond in Conroe TX for my JLUR and that included a mil discount.

OP
OP

BayouBeauty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are looking in AK and don’t mind driving into TX, I just got 8.5% from DeMontrond in Conroe TX for my JLUR and that included a mil discount.
I was emailing Neil the first week of March. He asked what color interior and if cloth or leather and then did not respond after I answered. I just sent another message to him to see what I get now.

okie dokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
See, I just dont understand.

I've emailed that dude twice now with no response!!

*shakesfistangrily*

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
See, I just dont understand.

I've emailed that dude twice now with no response!!

*shakesfistangrily*
He didn’t really respond when I first emailed asking questions, but was more responsive when I emailed ready to order.

okie dokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
He didn’t really respond when I first emailed asking questions, but was more responsive when I emailed ready to order.
I sent him a build sheet off Jeep site saying hey this is what I want to order
Please send me a quote with TL discount and your process fee.
No questions, just lets do this!

Maybe hes a Texas fan......

Sponsored

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
I sent him a build sheet off Jeep site saying hey this is what I want to order
Please send me a quote with TL discount and your process fee.
No questions, just lets do this!

Maybe hes a Texas fan......
Sucks because he gave me a good deal on both the Jeep and my trade. I was very happy.

I contacted 4-5 other dealers and either got no response or got the let’s schedule you to come in.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Why would he go all the way from Louisiana to Alaska to look, and then drive to Texas?;)