txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
2020 JLUR
Has all the options I want.
Have a deal at 8% under sticker.
Is this a decent deal or should I work a little harder?
When you are down to the point of writing the check I think 10-11% is a good deal under normal circumstances. You can see my further thoughts in my other thread today.
Sponsored

OP
OP
acheron800

acheron800

First Name
FJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser
Good deal! I missed remote entry on my list of options haha. I’d say you did pretty well!
Mind if I ask what dealer? I just tried to work with Long Beach cause they have exactly what I want, but their reasoning for not being flexible is “with the factory shut down we don’t get new inventory, so we are holding firm.”

Backed out of my deal.

Couldn't get rid of the FJ. Had an offer for $43.5k and couldn't bear to see it go.

Gonna keep it, maybe a jeep in the future but not right now.

Dealer was Rydell. Really good people from what I experienced. Way better than the local dealers in SD.

20200530_145715.jpg

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I have heard that if you say that you want finance that the price is lower than paying cash. With finance they take their profit with the financing.

Tell the dealer that you are in 2 minds between a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk and a Wrangler. Ask about options on both vehicles. Get prices with and without options. Pretend you are undecided.

Ask him whether you can bring your wife tomorrow. That is the only escape that works. Then go to another dealer and do the same thing.

Then you make your choice. You have now agreed on a price. Wait till the last possible moment, before you tell him you are paying cash. If he bumps up the price go to the other dealer.

Beware, I have not tried this myself!

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahhhh I did not read the last post before my post above. :blush:

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Backed out of my deal.

Couldn't get rid of the FJ. Had an offer for $43.5k and couldn't bear to see it go.

Jeep Wrangler JL Thoughts on negotiated price on 2020 JLUR 20200530_145715
Wow. Sounds like you had a steal of an offer for your existing FJ and were getting a smoking deal on a brand new Wrangler... and you walked away from that? Is the reason you can’t get rid of the FJ Cruiser sentimental? Or is it just because you like it that much? Well whatever the reason, have fun.

Sponsored

OP
OP
acheron800

acheron800

First Name
FJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser
Wow. Sounds like you had a steal of an offer for your existing FJ and were getting a smoking deal on a brand new Wrangler... and you walked away from that? Is the reason you can’t get rid of the FJ Cruiser sentimental? Or is it just because you like it that much? Well whatever the reason, have fun.
Many reasons.

The drive and the handling is unbeatable on the street. The interior is super roomy for a small truck. And sentimental because its limited edition and last year made, and only 20k miles.

The jeep is nice. Offroad capability amazing. Easy for me to make a toad.

I just couldn't do it, the drive doesn't excite me and is nowhere as plush or comfy on the street. The interior is a bit cramped for a DD as well.

Another big reason I was getting the JL was because I have a 3 year old and an infant. I thought I couldn't fit them both in the back of the FJ without jamming my driver seat against the steering wheel. I never actually tried it until yesterday and had assumed it would be too tight. Well I gave it a shot and it actually works. Yes a little less room than the JL for the kids without moving my seat, but totally doable.

One day I'm sure I'll be there. But for now, looks like I'll be looking for a tow dolly for the FJ.

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Backed out of my deal.

Dealer was Rydell. Really good people from what I experienced. Way better than the local dealers in SD.

Jeep Wrangler JL Thoughts on negotiated price on 2020 JLUR 20200530_145715
Could you even expect to sell the fj for that price? That’s an insanely great trade in offer you got I’m shocked.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Many reasons.
The drive and the handling is unbeatable on the street. The interior is super roomy for a small truck. And sentimental because its limited edition and last year made, and only 20k miles...One day I'm sure I'll be there. But for now, looks like I'll be looking for a tow dolly for the FJ.
That makes a lot of sense. Sounds like you weren’t really serious or even ready to get into a Wrangler.

FWIW when the FJ cruiser was reintroduced, I took a test drive and while I can appreciate the sentiment, it felt as bloated on the inside as it looked on the outside. And I really hated the dead rear pillars blocking the rear three quarter view. Plus, the three windshield wipers were just weird and the suicide doors were funky. The ride was nice but the above mentioned were all deal breakers for me. Your color is on point though.

OP
OP
acheron800

acheron800

First Name
FJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser
Could you even expect to sell the fj for that price? That’s an insanely great trade in offer you got I’m shocked.
Private sale.

It could fetch 50k to the right buyer. Maybe more.

OP
OP
acheron800

acheron800

First Name
FJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser
That makes a lot of sense. Sounds like you weren’t really serious or even ready to get into a Wrangler.

FWIW when the FJ cruiser was reintroduced, I took a test drive and while I can appreciate the sentiment, it felt as bloated on the inside as it looked on the outside. And I really hated the dead rear pillars blocking the rear three quarter view. Plus, the three windshield wipers were just weird and the suicide doors were funky. The ride was nice but the above mentioned were all deal breakers for me. Your color is on point though.
Oh I was ready. I wired $5k to hold it. But when the rubber hit road. I couldn't do it.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Oh I was ready. I wired $5k to hold it. But when the rubber hit road. I couldn't do it.
Well when you have the slightest bit of doubt, it’s a good thing to leave it and walk away. Plus, you would have had a bad case of buyer’s remorse.

OP
OP
acheron800

acheron800

First Name
FJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser
Well when you have the slightest bit of doubt, it’s a good thing to leave it and walk away. Plus, you would have had a bad case of buyer’s remorse.
That was my issue, I can take one, but I can't accept both buyers and sellers remorse.

Technically I didn't need to sell the FJ but I have no more storage for vehicles.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its a Toyota FJ. You will not need another car for 20 years.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
When I bought my Sahara Unlimited in April they were offering Employee pricing. This ended up being about 20% off of sticker. It doesn't look like Employee Pricing is still being offered but discounts are similar on their web site.
Sponsored