Sponsored

Thoughts on mopar 2" lift from actual owners.

How was your experience with the factory mopar 2" lift?

• Total voters

GlitteryPonies

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
I have the opportunity to purchase a mopar 2" lift used from a fellow jeeper. While researching this lift, I am getting very different opinions as to the quality and performance of the lift. Some people say they have had no problems, while others say death wobble, bump steer, etc.

I want to get a feel for the percentage of people who actually own/have owned the lift who had issues.
Sponsored

wbee

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2018 JLUR
There’s a lot of different views on the Mopar lift. I don’t know if there is a right or wrong answer and it depends on what your doing with your Jeep. I bought the Mopar kit last summer for my Rubicon. I did purchase the rock crawler spring pads which I highly recommend, worth the money. The kit is ok but if I were to do it again I would go a different route.

The Mopar kit lifted my Rubicon about 2.5 to 3.0 inches. At that height my axels weren’t centered, Not major out of alignment but enough it bothered me. I bought an adjustable front track bar and a relocation bracket on the back to center the axels.

I didn’t love the feel of the steering and started getting some wobble a couple months after the lift was installed. I added lower adjustable control arms so I could correct the caster.

Overall I ended up spending quite a bit to finish the Mopar lift and I wished I would have just spent the money up front for a more inclusive kit. My goal is to have my Jeep as a DD but I also want to hit the trails on the weekend. I like the Mopar kit now that I made all the changes but if I was to do it again I would probably get something different.

No bump steer and in my opinion death wobble is not related to a lift. DW seems to be random on both stock and lifted vehicles.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
There’s a lot of different views on the Mopar lift. I don’t know if there is a right or wrong answer and it depends on what your doing with your Jeep. I bought the Mopar kit last summer for my Rubicon. I did purchase the rock crawler spring pads which I highly recommend, worth the money. The kit is ok but if I were to do it again I would go a different route.

The Mopar kit lifted my Rubicon about 2.5 to 3.0 inches. At that height my axels weren’t centered, Not major out of alignment but enough it bothered me. I bought an adjustable front track bar and a relocation bracket on the back to center the axels.

I didn’t love the feel of the steering and started getting some wobble a couple months after the lift was installed. I added lower adjustable control arms so I could correct the caster.

Overall I ended up spending quite a bit to finish the Mopar lift and I wished I would have just spent the money up front for a more inclusive kit. My goal is to have my Jeep as a DD but I also want to hit the trails on the weekend. I like the Mopar kit now that I made all the changes but if I was to do it again I would probably get something different.

No bump steer and in my opinion death wobble is not related to a lift. DW seems to be random on both stock and lifted vehicles.
I have pretty bad bump steer and I also got closer to a 3 inch lift out of it. Do you think if you only did the adjustable control arms that it would have fixed the bump steer? Or do you think you need the track bar as well?

rs680

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I had this lift installed at the dealer the same day I picked up my jeep
to be honest I think it performs pretty good I have no complaints

IMG_0084.JPG

IMG_0087.JPG

IMG_0144.JPG

wbee

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2018 JLUR
I have pretty bad bump steer and I also got closer to a 3 inch lift out of it. Do you think if you only did the adjustable control arms that it would have fixed the bump steer? Or do you think you need the track bar as well?
The control arms just gave me the ability to tune my steering to get it to track a little better. Adjustable control arms shouldn’t have any impact on bump steer.

An adjustable track bar might make a difference with bump steer. Correcting the alignment of the axel and getting the track bar and drag link to be parallel under the Jeep Should help. The only other option is a top mount drag link and track relocation bracket which seems overkill.

The wobble issues I had are separate from bump steer issues. I didn’t have bump steer. My issues came from a bad joint on the drag link at the pitman arm. Once I put on the new drag link 95% of my wobble issues went away. Hopefully you can get your issues corrected, very frustrating I know.
Sponsored