Thoughts on Jeep Life after 4 months

Baconator

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler
I'll start by saying I'm 37 and I mishandled the first 21 years of my driving life, and for that I repent! I've driven a Mutang, a GTI, a 3-series and a handful of other less fun cars. Nothing compares to the continuing glee that I get from driving my Wrangler - I find myself looking at 75k+ luxury vehicles, looking at the bored human sitting there, and thinking to myself "Anyone with the means needs to get a Wrangler - this is the world's most accessible secret!".

I was riding high with the hardtop in winter. Just sitting up high and being able to explore unpaved places is excellent. Then it started warming up, and then I got a soft top, and now I removed the doors. The last few days of driving have been the most fun of my life.

Holy hell - this thing is great. To all of you who own this toy (which conveniently also serves as transport, thus providing an excellent excuse/cover/plausible deniability), I salute you (by waving at you)!
Jeep Wrangler JL Thoughts on Jeep Life after 4 months 20210424_190302
Sponsored

old mike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
little red 2021 JLR (Ruby J. L. Tudor)
You should try doing parking lot donuts in a 2dr. It's almost like the four standard wheels all retract and a single wheel under the center of the vehicle drops down to take all the weight and spin when you want to do a tight turn.

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
Funny enough... After 7 months of loving my Wrangler (and I still do) I've been on the BMW site every day for a week now building cars...

Wrangler has shown me that paying decently for a vehicle can make driving more fun. I'm going to try it with a car now too. I used to just see vehicles as rolling metal boxes to move from A to B - and bought used old cars because of it.

Now I see (for me) it's about the drive, not just the destination :rock: just saying I credit my Jeep for looking at luxury cars now LOL.

I don't doubt those are bored people in those cars - they just need to see how fun driving can be... Regardless, ok, Jeep forum lol

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I'll start by saying I'm 37 and I mishandled the first 21 years of my driving life, and for that I repent! I've driven a Mutang, a GTI, a 3-series and a handful of other less fun cars. Nothing compares to the continuing glee that I get from driving my Wrangler - I find myself looking at 75k+ luxury vehicles, looking at the bored human sitting there, and thinking to myself "Anyone with the means needs to get a Wrangler - this is the world's most accessible secret!".

I was riding high with the hardtop in winter. Just sitting up high and being able to explore unpaved places is excellent. Then it started warming up, and then I got a soft top, and now I removed the doors. The last few days of driving have been the most fun of my life.

Holy hell - this thing is great. To all of you who own this toy (which conveniently also serves as transport, thus providing an excellent excuse/cover/plausible deniability), I salute you (by waving at you)!
Jeep Wrangler JL Thoughts on Jeep Life after 4 months 20210424_190302
Much like you Marc, I wish I could go back. I bought my first Jeep at age 52. Same as you I always had sports cars but they’re just that...cars. I started liking the SUV because cars are near useless in snow. (I also had a used Ford Explorer). As a manual transmission fan, after the Explorer died I was surprised to see not many auto makers offer a stick shift anymore. Hence my first Jeep. I ordered duel tops as an afterthought and told The Top Lift Pro guy when buying that I’d never take my doors off. I laugh when I recall that conversation because he said “yea you will”. The first beautiful spring day I opened that roof I thought what the frig have I been missing. Next spring, roof and doors....what the frig have I been missing x 2.
In July I will have my current Jeep 2 years. I can’t get over what a treat it is to drive that machine. It’s funny how you call it a toy. I always say a transformer ( basically a toy). It goes from this off-road fun, powerful beast and cleans up to a beautiful luxurious vehicle that you can take to a wedding.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I love my Jeep! I was running errands today with doors off, top down, and stereo up. It’s a blast even going to the mall :like:.
IMG_3749-X2.jpg

Of my previous cars, my Miatas have been my favorite (but I do want another early MBG :involve:).

Seriously guys, if you want to have fun driving a car, drive a 6 speed Miata. They‘re go carts for grownups (just swap out the springs for the Eibach Pro and put on an HKS exhaust) and just a blast to take on a twisty road. I had a BMW M235i and while it was very nice, the Miata was more fun.

Sponsored

LSguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
I'm probably one of the few here that very rarely takes the top or doors off. Most of the time if I'm driving my jeep on nice days I'm going to hit some trails. In ohio, trails means mud and muddy water most of the time, and I really don't feel like spending an entire day washing my jeep out so that I can take it to work and not get muddy. If it's a nice day and I'm not hitting trails, I'm usually on my bike. If you like the freedom of a jeep with the doors off and haven't ridden a motorcycle before, you should give it a shot, it takes thar feeling to a new level entirely.

I've never seen vehicles as just transport, and I've always owned things I enjoy. Jeeps, motorcycles, corvettes for the most part. My bike is my freedom. My Vette is my on road, balls to the wall toy. My jeep is my offroad toy, and my comfort zone. Knowing no matter what the weather wants to do, no matter what obstacle is thrown my way my jeep will get me through it with confidence. Last winter apparently everybody decided that was the day to wreck, and cincinnati was a parking lot. So, I took the river to work. Frozen solid with 2 feet of snow on top, my jeep couldn't tell the difference between the river and I71. A single lowly F150 decided to trust me and followed in my tracks that day.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Of my previous cars, my Miatas have been my favorite.
Seriously guys, if you want to have fun driving a car, drive a 6 speed Miata. They‘re go carts for grownups (just swap out the springs for the Eibach Pro and put on an HKS exhaust) and just a blast to take on a twisty road. I had a BMW M235i and while it was very nice, the Miata was more fun.
Yep, pedal to the metal, balls out twisty mountain road fun. 10 yrs ago nice NA's were a dime a dozen around here and I had two. A '91 @ $2G and a '94 @ $3G before minor mods. Drove'm like I stole'm and never had an issue. I've owned, mod'd 19 motocycles and 55+ vehicles. IMO and experiences, MX5 for the economy fun win.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I'm probably one of the few here that very rarely takes the top or doors off. Most of the time if I'm driving my jeep on nice days I'm going to hit some trails. In ohio, trails means mud and muddy water most of the time, and I really don't feel like spending an entire day washing my jeep out so that I can take it to work and not get muddy. If it's a nice day and I'm not hitting trails, I'm usually on my bike. If you like the freedom of a jeep with the doors off and haven't ridden a motorcycle before, you should give it a shot, it takes thar feeling to a new level entirely.

I've never seen vehicles as just transport, and I've always owned things I enjoy. Jeeps, motorcycles, corvettes for the most part. My bike is my freedom. My Vette is my on road, balls to the wall toy. My jeep is my offroad toy, and my comfort zone. Knowing no matter what the weather wants to do, no matter what obstacle is thrown my way my jeep will get me through it with confidence. Last winter apparently everybody decided that was the day to wreck, and cincinnati was a parking lot. So, I took the river to work. Frozen solid with 2 feet of snow on top, my jeep couldn't tell the difference between the river and I71. A single lowly F150 decided to trust me and followed in my tracks that day.
I hear ya with the motorcycle giving you the best open air feeling. The only problem. at least here in NYC there's so many ahole drivers on the road I'd never get comfortable.
Sponsored