Thoughts on Cancelling and Re-Ordering

ajasper6579

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ari
Joined
May 24, 2018
Messages
140
Reaction score
108
Location
Plainview, NY
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Advertising
I currently have an order in place with a Jeep dealer near my home. I have actually cancelled and re-ordered with them once because of the 4cyl Turbo fiasco, which I brought to their attention. After re-ordering, I did a little more research and realized that I could drive about 200 miles and save upwards of $2,000 if I order from a different dealer. What are your thoughts on switching dealers? I have put down a $500 deposit, which I would hate to lose, but $2,000 is a lot of money to disregard.





Advertisement

 

misanthrope

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2017
Messages
1,391
Reaction score
1,790
Location
LI, NY
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I currently have an order in place with a Jeep dealer near my home. I have actually cancelled and re-ordered with them once because of the 4cyl Turbo fiasco, which I brought to their attention. After re-ordering, I did a little more research and realized that I could drive about 200 miles and save upwards of $2,000 if I order from a different dealer. What are your thoughts on switching dealers? I have put down a $500 deposit, which I would hate to lose, but $2,000 is a lot of money to disregard.
I'm assuming you mean Metro in Chicopee, as that's probably the closest reasonable dealer for us LIers (if not, look into them). Me? I would absolutely cancel and reorder elsewhere to save $1500+, and in most cases you can recoup that deposit, even if they try to bust your balls over it. Just keep at them. Plus, they may actually work with you on the price, once you show them an actual offer sheet from the new dealer. But be ready to walk and lose that deposit in the worst case scenario. Starting over in line may hurt, but for some it has worked out better and faster in the end.

I myself will be looking anywhere within 500 miles when I place my order (anywhere from Ma to VA and MD), first to save a ton of money and, second to deny these Long Island dealers a sale.
 

BillG

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bill
Joined
Mar 12, 2018
Messages
2,072
Reaction score
4,043
Location
Middle Tennessee
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I had an order in place, had proof of a better deal, threatened to cancel, and original dealer matched the better deal.
Had they not, I would have walked. They hadn’t cashed my deposit check, and I would have just stopped payment.
Yeah, they might have threatened me had I done that, but all they were out of was about 15 minutes time. Probably would have cost more to go after me than the deposit.
But they matched, so I didn’t have to do that.
 

CK Holdings

Member
First Name
James
Joined
Feb 19, 2018
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Location
Chesapeake, Va
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Pumpkin Rubicon I4 Turbo
Occupation
Medical Cannabis Processor
Vehicle Showcase
1
What is the 2.0L Turbo fiasco?
I don't know details but I've had one on order since Feb and they keep coming up with excuses. First it was the dual top delay, now it's a retro-fit piece for the engine apparently. It's been aggravating to say the least.
 

JLU2018

Member
First Name
Joshua
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
5
Reaction score
3
Location
Georgia
Vehicle(s)
2015 JLUS
I don't know details but I've had one on order since Feb and they keep coming up with excuses. First it was the dual top delay, now it's a retro-fit piece for the engine apparently. It's been aggravating to say the least.
Damn didn't know that. I just ordered one a few weeks ago. Thinking i should cancel and wait for the Diesel?
 

CK Holdings

Member
First Name
James
Joined
Feb 19, 2018
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Location
Chesapeake, Va
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Pumpkin Rubicon I4 Turbo
Occupation
Medical Cannabis Processor
Vehicle Showcase
1
Damn didn't know that. I just ordered one a few weeks ago. Thinking i should cancel and wait for the Diesel?
I'm seriously considering that. If it's not here by Sept 1 I am going to switch for the diesel. I'm beyond fed up with all their contradicting excuses and basic lack of communication.
 

Saejin

Well-Known Member
First Name
Gene
Joined
Mar 2, 2018
Messages
701
Reaction score
495
Location
Maryland
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Did you sign any paperwork showing the deposit was non refundable? My dealer allowed a refundable deposit only after the vehicle arrived and was sold. It’s in the paperwork I signed.

What you could do is order the other vehicle from the other dealer and when you’re original order arrives just tell them you. Changed your mind and/or something is wrong and you don’t want to take delivery or purchase it.

Of course getting the deposit back all depends on what paperwork you signed. If it wa as verbal, then you have a good chance of getting your money back. Also, you could see if they will match the other dealer, but if your deposit is non-refundable they probably won’t budge and hope you choose the other guy so they can make an easy $500.
 

Advertisement




Quake LED
 



Advertisement
Top