Thoughts on AC Vent Lighting?

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Hey guys, I've been getting more comfortable wiring electrical devices in and wanted to see if anyone had seen or used these in the past. They're a replacement fan unit with an LED ring inside - click here. I think this would compliment my current mood lighting really well, with some caveats:

Jeep Wrangler JL Thoughts on AC Vent Lighting? 20220220_191520

Jeep Wrangler JL Thoughts on AC Vent Lighting? 20220220_191512

I'm not a huge fan of the price point or the harness style the linked manufacturer provides, especially since my neuroses would compell me to buy a second set just to get two fans to put in the rear seat area to make everything match. It seems like this idea or design has been around since at least the JK generation, and I'm not sure if I would be just as well served buying the fans separate and maybe trying to make them work on a better harness, possibly something that runs on the same system as Diode Dynamics RGBW controller. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
That seems like it will be extremely distracting when driving, just my opinion.

But, if I was to do something like that and keep the OEM vent look, then I would just look at ordering some of those halo rings people use for headlights and see if that will fit.
Jeep Wrangler JL Thoughts on AC Vent Lighting? 1645831133610

OP
OP
JP29

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
That seems like it will be extremely distracting when driving, just my opinion.

But, if I was to do something like that and keep the OEM vent look, then I would just look at ordering some of those halo rings people use for headlights and see if that will fit.
Jeep Wrangler JL Thoughts on AC Vent Lighting? 1645831133610
I have also thought of just tacking in lights, but I did like that these seemed to be in some ways better than the OE fans. Twist to open/close and then they can just be pushed/pulled to wherever you need them. I may just buy a single fan somewhere and see how difficult it may be to mod.
Sponsored