Thoughts on 2dr Bestop top vs factory?

TonyCosta64

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Rubicon
Seems the search isn't working well in the forum so apologies if asked previously. Since Bestop is running their special rebate, it brings the price down some. My concern is that the reviews aren't stellar and the fact you can actually go full topless is bit of a concern. The lowest price on a factory one I could find was about $1400 plus shipping ( though could drive to and pick it up but about 2 plus hour each way) - twice that of the Bestop. Plus's are goes fully down and well it's factory. But damn pricey. Who has the Bestop and any issues regrets or have they worked out the kinks? What about factory tops? Issues ? Worth it? regrets?

thanks ahead of time - and oh mine is a 2dr 2019 rubicon.
Sponsored

DWaX

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Bestop is the OEM supplier for jeep, so it's the same comparison, just make sure you get the twill and not the vinyl.

WaX

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
BesTop is the OEM supplier. I personally only get the standard top. I hate that twill crap :like:

RichD

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
Check FB Marketplace too. A lot of folks selling their tops, often brand new. Maybe you'll catch a bargain.

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly what I just did, but you have to act fast as they get snatched up quickly......found a new in box twill 4 dr top for $1200...can't beat that..
Check FB Marketplace too. A lot of folks selling their tops, often brand new. Maybe you'll catch a bargain.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TonyCosta64

TonyCosta64

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Rubicon
Exactly what I just did, but you have to act fast as they get snatched up quickly......found a new in box twill 4 dr top for $1200...can't beat that..
Yea that is how I got mine for the 2015 when I had that. There are plenty of 4dr for sale but nothing for the 2dr.

Rgk401

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl sport
Yea that is how I got mine for the 2015 when I had that. There are plenty of 4dr for sale but nothing for the 2dr.
When I bought the Jeep back in 2018 it came with the factory softtop,but I upgraded to the twill fastback top brim best top....it was a nice upgrade, no leaks but there was a lot of flapping from the side windows when going down the highway... I switched to a hard top and sold the soft top

2FAE3A38-8329-41C1-AA90-92C38C4A1032.jpeg