Not open for further replies.

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cherokee Limited, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Let me start by saying that this post in no way is a "judgement" on the JLU or this community as a whole. I completely understand the positive aspects of this vehicle, why people continue to love them, and how amazing this community is. This is simply a reflection of my experience as a short-term JLU owner and my reasons for desiring to get out of one.

I lusted for one of these vehicles for the last couple of years, I got the exact one I wanted at a great price, and I got rid of my dream car to get one. It just... didn't... work for me as a daily driver.

First and foremost... the steering. I realize that some are better than others. I don't know where mine fell on the quality spectrum, but it certainly can be described as needing "constant input". My dealer didn't see anything wrong with it. It wasn't a "relaxing" vehicle to drive... especially at highway speeds. Left... right... left... right... it was an endless loop of having to correct the path the vehicle was on. I didn't notice it at first, but after driving it for several weeks and then hopping behind the wheel of my wife's years old Grand Cherokee the GC felt like a fine European sports sedan LOL. It got to the point where I "feared" getting behind the wheel of the JLU. That's not a good thing.

The seats. I had the top of the line leather interior. In any driving longer than my regular commute, my back couldn't take it. The seat cushion is too level or low in the front... it needs to be able to be adjustable so it could be pitched up differently.

The build quality. When I bought the vehicle new there were issues with "rattles". After some appointments with the dealership they found loose screws rolling around under the carpet, in the dash, etc. At $50K+ for a new car that's not a "Jeep thing"... it's pretty bad.

When you add those 3 things together... poor daily driving experiences... poor comfort... and parts sloshing around at every turn... it was an easy decision to move on. As with anything I fully respect "YMMV", but FOR ME... I knew I mad the right choice to get rid of it when I felt "relief" trading it in. I'd like to thank this wonderful community for all the time, comradery, and help I've enjoyed with you and wish everybody nothing but the best with your continuing love of the JLU.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.