DanW

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 08 JKUR, 15 Ford Transit 350, 04 WJ 4.7, 17 Renegade, 99 Merc E430 S
Vehicle Showcase
Installed. If this ride stays. YES!!!!!

I drove for about 25 miles on my “known problem areas” and no wobble at all. Solid steering, comfortable with one hand. It was a blizzard, but I have experienced the DW on the snow packed road before in these places, but not tonight!

I had it on “firm”, i will commute on “medium” tomorrow.

Cautiously optimistic!!
Keep us posted. I'm sure you'll do a lot more driving today, so I'd like to hear how it does over a few reports over a few weeks.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
My experience... never had any wobble. I installed a Rough Country 2" spacer lift and 35" tires. After that, the wandering was insane if I drove 65 mph or more. It was hard to explain the sensation. It wasn't actively wandering but it was as if I had to fully concentrate on driving. It was exhausting.

I did my research and learned that with that lift, I really needed new control arms. The lift even though minor affected my camber. So I bought and installed the Rubicon Express lower control arms.

Contrary to the JK friends of mine who said the arms weren't necessary (it's a Jeep thing), this was a game changer. No more wandering sensation at all.

So if any of you installed a lift which did not include lower control arms and you get wandering think about it.
I have the same lift and 35s. No problems with the stock control arms here. I did decrease tire pressure to 30 PSI (E rated sidewalls) for better tracking and steering is great.

OP
szobell

szobell

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 KL, 2009 JKUR,
Ok - over 500 miles on the Falcon Nexus setup from highway to normal traffic and i am pleased to report not a single hint of death wobble. It handles like a dream. I found myself tensing up hitting crappy overpass joints at 75mph to realize that everything was just fine now. I am currently running it on medium.

@TeraFlex - your Falcon Nexus 2.2 should be standard issue on all JL’s with lifts. Great product!

Problem solved. (Note - i also did a road-force alignment and a high speed balance of my 35’s). Jeep replaced steering box and stabilizer. Still had DW.

All qualms with my JL are now solved and I am completely satisfied with it now!

Advertisement

Rock Krawler

Advertisement