Sponsored

Thought I was ordering a 2020, but it's a 2021...

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
I don't remember seeing one, but hopefully someone better versed can pipe in. Off the top of my head, I can think of the camera, the eTorque engine changes, diesel engine option, eliminated colors. Keep us posted for sure, I'm super curious on how your dealer proceeds. Maybe you can have them add the camera to the order, if that's an option you really want?
Thanks for the info Mjaga.

For the record, I'm not trying to rake them over the coals. I am mainly curious if I missed out on any options that I would have opted for had I known I had the choice at the time of actually placing my order. That, and of course the fact that I flat out told them at the time of agreeing to buy the Jeep that the only vehicle my wife and I have is old and ailing and it's not getting better any time soon... I understood that there would be factory lead time but excessive and unnecessary delays are not ideal as I really didn't want to have to drop $1000 - $1500 into it just to keep my Lancer on the road until the fall, but here we are.

As for the dealer, I'd be content with getting just a straight, factual answer from them, at least once. It really irks me that the POC shows an order date that is far later than when I actually placed the order and the salesman either flat out ignored my inquiries several times and then when I persisted, he offers some weak explanation... like it's not possible to see real information from other sources. The internet is a huge and resource rich source of information. It makes zero sense that Jeep would arbitrarily switch my order to a 2021 on June 12 if the well known order window for a 2020 MY closed June 4.

The original documents I got on May 25:

The POC I received, after having to pry it out of them 6 weeks later and only after Nerubi mentioned I should have one. I didn't know any better:

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
hazylogic

hazylogic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Renegade; 2021 JLUR on order
Sorry you're having issues too RDiddy, although glad to know what I'm dealing with isn't totally unheard of.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry you're having issues too RDiddy, although glad to know what I'm dealing with isn't totally unheard of.
Be glad you are in US, in Canada there is no Jeep Chat to give them some type of info about status. It has to all come from the dealer who many seem unwilling to give out the info.

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
Thanks friend. I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect some fluff to happen, given what's going on with the world right now. I am really trying not to be an ass to the dealer... but a little bit of upfront honesty would go a long way with me. Just tell me straight up what happened / what's happening, it would serve me much better.

Good luck with your order.

OP
OP
hazylogic

hazylogic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Renegade; 2021 JLUR on order
They finally sent the POC today. At least they did what they said they would this time.
Sponsored

Last edited: