Sponsored

Thottle lag and studder..anyone else having this?

Justarose

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon
I picked up my jeep july 10th. On the first ride home from the dealer I noticed there was a studder when you are just cruising along in any gear. Figured it might be the computer just learning, however now I have over 1300 miles and it is still here. I also notice if you are taking off quick and trying to shift quick the rpms around 3500 you push the clutch and take foot off gas and the rpms stay up there for full 2-3 seconds. You cant shift until the rpms come down. Since I put on the outlaw axle back you can even hear the studder. It almost sounds like a misfire and it does it when you lightly accelerating. Is anyone else having any of these issues? I also have the ess warning that the start stop is not working. I saw the dealer and they said I have a bad clutch sensor switch. I hope when the part comes in it fixes everything but I highly doubt it.
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
By stutter do you mean lugging?

I don’t have any of the symptoms you describe. Let us know what happens after the dealer replaces your sensor switch.

OP
OP
Justarose

Justarose

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon
By stutter do you mean lugging?

I don’t have any of the symptoms you describe. Let us know what happens after the dealer replaces your sensor switch.
No its not lugging. It is a blip like a cylinder misfire. It does it when you are cruising and just want to speed up a little so you gradually accelerate, then it goes blip. I had a jk with the same motor and it did not run like this one. Since hitting 1000 miles I have noticed an increase in power but still feels lacking compared to my 2012
Sponsored