Sponsored

Those with the RC 2.5” lift...feedback please.

Gron86

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I know there are numerous posts about the rough country 2.5” lift. However I would like know if overall drivability is affected at all? I understand the laws of physics lifting a boxy vehicle and expecting it to drive smooth is almost impossible. But how does it compare to the stock ride?
Thanks.
Ps:
I’m looking into the kit with the shock extensions.
Sponsored

jmlax401

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
I have had it for about 2 months and have put about 2,000 miles on it. The ride is almost as good as stock.

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
It’s fine.

If you’re happy with the stock Rubicon ride, you’ll be happy with the RC Spacer lift.

I could tell very little difference after installing the RC lift, until I put 37s on.

homebrew

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL Rubicon
It’s fine.

If you’re happy with the stock Rubicon ride, you’ll be happy with the RC Spacer lift.

I could tell very little difference after installing the RC lift, until I put 37s on.

What was the difference with 37s on? im really debating just adding 37s or selling a kidney and lifting and adding 37/38s

homebrew

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL Rubicon
OP I would highly suggest the adjustable control arms. My jeep was very unhappy after adding the lift. I tried lowering my tire pressure which didn't do much. I added the front lower arms to get the caster closer to where it should be and it made the jeep much happier.

Sponsored

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
What was the difference with 37s on? im really debating just adding 37s or selling a kidney and lifting and adding 37/38s
The point was that the RC spacer lift is fine. I did the shock extensions and kept the Rubicon shocks. With the same springs and shocks, it rides very similar to stock... maybe a touch more firm if we’re splitting hairs. But, let’s be fair; it’s $200. And, it is as minimal of a kit as possible to raise the jeep.

I bought my jeep last March and there wasn’t a lot of good options at the time. Mopar lift had uncorrected spring bowing issues (also $2k at the time). MC, RK, EVO and Terraflex didn’t have a kit available. The thought was: get the spacer lift to get 37’s so I could still sell my stock KOs for a mint. Plan worked well.

I got 37s for a $400 difference. The new 37” tires just barely rub while off-road and the ride on-road doesn’t suck.

RC spacer lift is an incredible value. No complaints after a year and 8,000 miles. No creaks, no adjustments needed ect.

The 37” tires lifted the jeep almost as much as the spacer lift. Also, they are now part of the suspension. When at 30+ PSI the ride is harsh. 26-27 is great but taking a penalty in MPGs. The Mud terrains are louder and I noticed increased body roll more with the 37s (especially with lower psi) than noticed with the lift. The 37s affected the ride much more that the spacer lift.

Now, for reality. I really can’t imagine a relatively light box with solid axles, sitting 4.5” higher than an already respectable ride hight, riding much better. And, I get compliments every where about the tires/lift/jeep. I wouldn’t hesitate to put 37s or the RC lift on again. It really does everything I need it to off-road and drive good enough for a daily driver.

Don’t forget; you’ll rarely lose the penis measuring contest when parking next to other jeeps at the mall. And, if you do see one on 40s by the food court, you can always go park by Dillards.

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Mine felt good as stock .. but the E rated tires are another story:facepalm: I think i might try the RC shocks.

IMG_20190406_121059.jpg
Sponsored