Those with Sky One-Touch, how's the heat versus Hardtop

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
I'm about to cancel my order to re-order the same JL with the one-touch skyroof. I read the comments on noise, but I am more concerned with heat. I live in Miami where we reach "feels like" temps of over 100 and high humidity. Is the cabin of your jl significantly warmer than hardtop?

I am aware of the noise, and I've read some scattered comments on leaks. I would appreciate any advice and opinion as I want to make sure cancelling my current order and losing $1k to re-order same JL with Sky roof is worth the mission.
Sponsored

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
OP
OP
Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR

DavdMc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Iā€™m in New Orleans and Iā€™ve had two hardtop JKs and one SOT JL. I havenā€™t noticed much difference in heat. Iā€™ve had to crank the AC in both models but the Iā€™ve found the AC works really well in the JL and have had to dial it back once it gets going. Hope it helps.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I'm about to cancel my order to re-order the same JL with the one-touch skyroof. I read the comments on noise, but I am more concerned with heat. I live in Miami where we reach "feels like" temps of over 100 and high humidity. Is the cabin of your jl significantly warmer than hardtop?

I am aware of the noise, and I've read some scattered comments on leaks. I would appreciate any advice and opinion as I want to make sure cancelling my current order and losing $1k to re-order same JL with Sky roof is worth the mission.
Why would you lose $1k?

Frickinflip

First Name
Corn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Durango Sxt, 2016 Jeep Cherokee Altitude and a 05 Dodge Magnum
I live on Maui.. ordered my wife's Mojito Rubicon with the sky one touch. We don't get as hot as you. On days you leave it out in the sun. The AC does take a while. To cool down the cabin. Other than noise when it rains. Everything else to us is very do-able.

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I don't get regular heat like you do, but when I do, I don't have any problem keeping it cool inside. I also use the remote start to get it pre-cooled on the hot days. If it take a little longer to get it cooled off, the ease of the Sky Top is well worth it.
Sponsored