Sponsored

Those with Bright White Tops please chime in

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Thanks for that insight...I agree the black top looks marginally better than white. But if the white top allows less radiant heat into the cabin I’d have to think of that. Someone in another forum painted their top panels on a jk and measured a 30 degree difference.
No. That would be false. I can touch the underside of my black top- in 105 degree outside heat- after being out all day- and it’s barely warm. I doubt color would make a 30 degree difference in similar conditions.
Sponsored

Mark16830

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Correction officer
Here's mine, wouldn't have it any other way!

IMG_20190424_163617.jpg

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve posted a similar thread and by now that some of you guys have had your JL for some time now, if figure is ask. I’m debating on white top or black top. My main concern is heat, I’ve gotten mixed reviews but more people have said the white does reflect heat better and thus allows interior to cool faster. I live in Miami where it’s hot as heck and humid, if the white top will help i would do that (even though I like the look of black).

Any advice from guys/gals that have white tops in hot climates? The only place I’ve gathered some info is with the FJ cruiser people that have white tops.

Thanks!
I can let you know that what they say about Soft Tops and even my Sky Power Top they let more heat inside parked in Sun. Coming from Rams I can really tell. My last Silver Ram was OK heat wise. My other Ram was White and it really kept inside cooler. I would go with White matching roof.

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLU SAHARA
Love mine as well and is cooler. Definitely not as radiant toasty like my jk with black hardtop. I have a premium soft top but too lazy to install it.

CD5DECDB-7483-403C-8A03-088B1D0B8570.jpeg
Sponsored