Sponsored

Those who ordered custom, wish you waited?

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
On November 11 I ordered a Jl rubicon loaded, led, steel bumper, tow group, soft top. I still have no eta in sight. Dealer gives me different info every time I call him, and now I’m becoming a pest. Anyway, I’m wishing now I just waited and snatch a 19 Jl when it shows up. Anyone else who ordered feel that way?

I needed to get this off my chest because my wife also thinks I’m a crazy man with no patience. Lol
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
You’re not crazy. Waiting sucks, especially when you don’t have any real idea when it might arrive. Keep a close eye on local inventory. If one like you ordered arrives, jump on it and abandon your original order.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
The frustrating part about ordering is there is no rhyme or reason to when a jeep is built. Some people receive their jeep within 3 weeks of ordering while others wait 6 months. It happened to me. People that ordered a month or two after me, with similar builds, recieved theirs first.

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
i placed a custom order... it took 4 months but i love my Jeep. if I were to do it again, I would make the dealer add two statements to the signed order agreement (a good dealer will work with you regardless but some will need a little extra motivation):

(1) Deposit is fully refundable if order not received within 90 days from date of order

(2) Deposit is fully refundable if customer determines upon delivery that steering behaviour exhibits unacceptable looseness or wandering at highway speed

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
No regrets here. Wife ordered 2/23/2018, delivered on 4/5/2018. I ordered mine on 7/3/2018, delivered on 9/5/2018. The only thing I’d change next time is to only work through the second dealer (Farrish in Fairfax, VA)—just better to work with, more efficient, and 6% under dealer invoice.

Sponsored

IrishJax

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
On November 11 I ordered a Jl rubicon loaded, led, steel bumper, tow group, soft top. I still have no eta in sight. Dealer gives me different info every time I call him, and now I’m becoming a pest. Anyway, I’m wishing now I just waited and snatch a 19 Jl when it shows up. Anyone else who ordered feel that way?

I needed to get this off my chest because my wife also thinks I’m a crazy man with no patience. Lol
Same boat here, ordered 10/19, stickered 12/3, still in KZ status, Jeep chat says eta unknown but I am reaching the maximum amount of time in said status. Dealer gives me different dates. Now they say early Feb. I prob still would’ve ordered though, been looking around since my dealer didn’t require a deposits but nothing seems close to my ordered options without getting extras I wouldn’t want.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered 11/26. Dealer gave me a conditional estimate of 6 to 8 weeks when I ordered but it sat in D status for 5-1/2 weeks. I sent an email to the CEO of FCA asking why the delay. Early next morning I had an email from a relations manager saying he had moved my order into production and it was in paint already. Next day it was loaded onto a railcar. He expedited the transport and it was at the dealer 7 days later (delayed 2 days because of a snow storm). He even sent me an email telling me it was at the dealer before the dealer knew it was there. Otherwise I think I'd still be waiting for it.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I ordered 10/16, arrived at dealer 11/30. No regrets. Even if I had to wait longer, I got exactly what I wanted.

K2500Z71

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
What status is your order in? C, D, D1? If you happened to order the advanced safety group but did NOT get the infotainment group, you will wait until April to be built due to the special wiring harness that particular option combination requires.

Megsxr750

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Gsxr750 ,2014 Mazda6,and a 2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
I would order custom again for sure. You get everything you want with the custom order, no regrets on options. The wait is unbearable, but it does end and you receive your Jeep. You feel like a little kid at Christmas when your dealer calls and tells you your Jeep has arrived. What a great feeling!!

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
My Rubi was 90% of what I wanted. No Steel Bumper or LEDs (just about have that fixed now)

no Aux switches (I have to decide if I want to do that and what I’d use the switches for).

No towing package. That’s something I wish I had the OEM on. Not only is it prewired with the hitch receiver, you get a bigger alternator. I have the receiver and an aftermarket wiring set in now.

Leather instead of cloth - I’d have ordered cloth, but the leather is growing on me. Don’t really regret it.

On the other side, I got the premium sound system with the 8” display. I’d have never have ordered it that way. Come to find I really like the system. The sound is decent, gotten hooked on XM again, and really like how CarPlay worlds.

I guess if you’re going to do a bunch of customizing, you need to decide what core features you want (lockers/sway bar disconnect for Rubi) and which ones you can add later. I have no regrets not ordering custom and just picking off the lot.
Sponsored