Midwesttrekker

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Granite Crystal Ordered 7/19. 2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
My order went in 7/19 and arrived at the dealer today. Picking up Saturday morning!!
Sponsored

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Did anyone else in this thread get a date range for their estimated ship date?

Today my dealer told me my estimated ship date was ā€œthe end of the monthā€ and ā€œthat there wasnā€™t a specific day.ā€ Iā€™m in D1 status.

Curious if this is something that has happened to other people, or if the dealer is just blowing smoke.

Sponsored

sonystyle02

First Name
Sony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2017 NSX
Vehicle Showcase
Did anyone else in this thread get a date range for their estimated ship date?

Today my dealer told me my estimated ship date was ā€œthe end of the monthā€ and ā€œthat there wasnā€™t a specific day.ā€ Iā€™m in D1 status.

Curious if this is something that has happened to other people, or if the dealer is just blowing smoke.
My dealer sent me a screen shot of a sheet which indicated order date & estimated ship date. Per Jeep Cares, the estimated ship date isnā€™t accurate. Mine had an estimated ship date of 8/17 but it just went into paint so itā€™ll be a few more wks.

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
My dealer sent me a screen shot of a sheet which indicated order date & estimated ship date. Per Jeep Cares, the estimated ship date isnā€™t accurate. Mine had an estimated ship date of 8/17 but it just went into paint so itā€™ll be a few more wks.
Thatā€™s what I figured. I was expecting a specific date, not ā€œend of the month.ā€

I wonder if he actually even looked

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
Does it actually take a few weeks from paint to completion? the auto factories I've been in the entire car is done in a few hours from start to finish.

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

Does it actually take a few weeks from paint to completion? the auto factories I've been in the entire car is done in a few hours from start to finish.
Youā€™re correct about the actual line build being pretty fast, but there are some potentially time-consuming ā€œoff rampsā€ in Wrangler production prior to shipping.

Examples are: inspection and body vendor (for installation of some options).

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha - what are the options that trip the requirement to go to a body vendor?

I ordered a standards 4 door Rubicon with the sky one touch top - the rest of the options I picked are interior bits.

Sponsored

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

Gotcha - what are the options that trip the requirement to go to a body vendor?

I ordered a standards 4 door Rubicon with the sky one touch top - the rest of the options I picked are interior bits.
I have not seen a comprehensive list of the ā€œJBā€ body vendor items, but based upon forum comments it seems like all the Mopar goodies and ā€œdual topā€ orders will send your build to the body vendor...so, that sounds like side steps, sill guards, headliners, gas filler doors, etc, etc, etc...

The amount of time your build spends in JB seems to be highly variable. ;)

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So just sold my 2018 Focus RS - that empty spot in the garage is eating away at my soul.

I may have to go buy a motorcycle to fill the hole until the Wrangler arrives....

sonystyle02

First Name
Sony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2017 NSX
Vehicle Showcase
I was aiming for 2wks tops for delivery to California. Itā€™s KZ as of today so hopefully she shows up soon!

Bye bye Civic! :like:

keithd60

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
REALTORĀ®
I was aiming for 2wks tops for delivery to California. Itā€™s KZ as of today so hopefully she shows up soon!

I am in Phoenix and mine shipped out on 8-4, it still isn't here yet..

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

FYI - My recent build was in shipping about 19 days Toledo to SoCal (about 5 weeks overall, order to delivery). :jk:
Sponsored