danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Due to Coronavirus issues with their supply chain (slowdowns at their supplier for the removable roof panels), the Bronco has been delayed through summer 2021, and the manual transmission model with the Sasquatch package will not be available until 2022:

"Broncos equipped with the Sasquatch package and manual transmission will now move to the 2022 model year."

2021 Ford Bronco Delayed, Not Coming until Next Summer

It should be interesting to see if this results in a small spike in JL sales from people who don't want to wait a year and/or some collective sighs of relief at FCA.

Update: I didn't see the previous thread on this, so if the mods want to delete this one, that's fine, though the push of the manual transmission model to 2022 is new news.
Leave it to Ford to cluster fk the biggest product launch in company history, especially now since Ford is almost a penny stock....trying to make it the end all and be all of off roaders and screwed the launch royally...
Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Every bone in my body is telling me not to post this because I'm also of the opinion that politics should be kept off this board, but I just need to say:

Frankly, why the hell is anyone debating if the numbers are "real" or not when it's a fact that ICU and hospital beds around the country are overflowing with COVID patients, leading to strained care for COVID patients and ALL patients. If you want to come in here and argue "you can't trust the numbers" and "I don't believe 300,000" people died and "my aunt's nephew's best friend waited in line and then left and had a hamburger and then they said he had COVID"- yea, fine, but that's insanely petty when real people in the real world are suffocating to death on hospital beds at an alarming rate that our hospitals are struggling to cope with. No amount of government or media manipulation can change that fact.

Whatever. Just felt that needed to be said. Show some damn empathy and help your fellow man. Wear a mask if you're going out into public. Stop gathering in groups. Debate the numbers till the cows come home afterwards, but for now why don't you focus on doing what you can to help your country get through this?

Just had to say it.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Every bone in my body is telling me not to post this because I'm also of the opinion that politics should be kept off this board, but I just need to say:

Frankly, why the hell is anyone debating if the numbers are "real" or not when it's a fact that ICU and hospital beds around the country are overflowing with COVID patients, leading to strained care for COVID patients and ALL patients. If you want to come in here and argue "you can't trust the numbers" and "I don't believe 300,000" people died and "my aunt's nephew's best friend waited in line and then left and had a hamburger and then they said he had COVID"- yea, fine, but that's insanely petty when real people in the real world are suffocating to death on hospital beds at an alarming rate that our hospitals are struggling to cope with. No amount of government or media manipulation can change that fact.

Whatever. Just felt that needed to be said. Show some damn empathy and help your fellow man. Wear a mask if you're going out into public. Stop gathering in groups. Debate the numbers till the cows come home afterwards, but for now why don't you focus on doing what you can to help your country get through this?

Just had to say it.
I believe your post is exemplary of what's wrong with the COVID hysteria. It's good you care and want everybody to be okay. That's great. What's wrong is you assume because people don't believe the numbers in full or that the economy shouldn't be shut down that they lack empathy, aren't wearing masks, socially distancing nor taking the virus seriously. The thinking is very similar to "you're a Republican or Democrat, there's no inbetween" that plagues our politics and has done a lot of harm to the United States.

One can take proper precautions with the virus and still find the hysteria to be ridiculous. Almost nobody, especially not on here has discounted the virus as not being real or a threat. Just that it's proportions are overblown and it's lethality does not match what's been done to the economy. We're going to be paying for the stimulus, enemployment and the second stimulus coming for many years because of a half assed shutdown. There are many densely populated areas in America and the world. Viruses, especially one as contagious as COVID don't just go away. That thinking is fanciful and it's absurd to think that many people, even experts believed Corona could just go away by taking precautions.

My sister in-law is a head nurse at a major hospital in one of the “red zones” in New York City. Obviously she has a ton of responsibility. Her words are that her hospital is at half capacity(which the reporting has been the contrary and is not factual) and that the patients they do have are faring much better than in March. That doesn't mean bad things aren't happening but the hysteria reporting does not match what's actually going on.

I and many others are helping this country by taking proper precautions for the virus but still working and spending money at businesses. To act like people aren't focused on what's best for the country because they're skeptical of the hysteria is just insulting.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
@Strommen95
Ok, my last post on this:

You assume a lot about me and my intentions. Most of it is wrong, but that's normal for the internet and I won't waste my time on correcting every aspect of your faulty assessment.

Bottom line: We should have unified as a country from the beginning to take this on. Instead we allowed ourselves to become fractured.

One final time: Wash your hands frequently. If going out in public, wear a mask. Don't gather in groups. Give a damn for your fellow man.

Anything else you want to assume about me and my beliefs and what I'm "really" trying to say beyond those statements is up to you. Have a ball.

And now (hopefully) back to jeep and bronco stuff.

Deleted member 59098

Just read that more people killed themselves during the month of October in Japan than died of Covid in 2020 in that country. It’s a serious virus, but I think the vulnerable should be warned and let the rest of us cautiously carry on in a way that leaves minimal damage.

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Show some damn empathy and help your fellow man. Wear a mask if you're going out into public. Stop gathering in groups. Debate the numbers till the cows come home afterwards, but for now why don't you focus on doing what you can to help your country get through this?
@Strommen95
Ok, my last post on this:

You assume a lot about me and my intentions. Most of it is wrong, but that's normal for the internet and I won't waste my time on correcting every aspect of your faulty assessment.

Bottom line: We should have unified as a country from the beginning to take this on. Instead we allowed ourselves to become fractured.

One final time: Wash your hands frequently. If going out in public, wear a mask. Don't gather in groups. Give a damn for your fellow man.

Anything else you want to assume about me and my beliefs and what I'm "really" trying to say beyond those statements is up to you. Have a ball.

And now (hopefully) back to jeep and bronco stuff.

It's obvious your post suggested those skeptical of the numbers aren't taking the virus seriously. The fact you're bringing up empathy, masks, social distancing, etc when nobody has disparaged or mentioned these things confirms it. You can deflect all you'd like, it doesn't change how your first post reads to anybody with a degree of common sense. Instead of whining about how people interpret your comments maybe you should be a man, look in the mirror and understand what your words imply. Unfortunately this is the internet as you mentioned so it's incredibly unlikely you'll hold yourself accountable in any way for your own words. I wouldn't expect any differently from somebody who wants to run away after being quoted.

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru

Just had to say it.
bottom line this post details the real problem a lot of folks simply dont think about or ignore.. the pressure covid is putting on emergency rooms and ICU beds. when that number reaches 100 percent in a locality, then hospitals will start rationing care, deciding who has a chance to make it with some life threatening problem and who dont and those that dont pass that filter will die, whether is from a heart attack, stroke, covid or some serious car accident. you can deny covid is a serious disease till the cows come home but you cant deny the saturation of hospitals, unless you are a hard core conspiracy believer and think that even the ICU saturation is a hoax also.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Another example of ridiculousness.
The fear narrative is overdone.
Coronavirus. Its time to move on society. It was scary at first but the updated CDC infection fatality rates are so low as not to warrant further economic shutdown/slowdown. What's next? Are we going to do this every year for the flu?
Please don't give these idiot politicians any new ideas! I work in Manhattan building high rises and its a complete ghost town. A ton of stores with for lease signs in their windows. Im certain that this has less to do with corona and more to do with controlling the people!! We just need to educate ourselves and use common sense!

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR

Just had to say it.
As Strommen said, you are assuming that those who do not believe the hysteria are not helping the cause by wearing masks, social distancing, etc. No one here has said COVID is non-existent or calling it a hoax.

As for empathy, where's the empathy towards those people who have lost it ALL because the government told them they are not as essential as others and had to close their doors? Where's the empathy for those who after losing their job / business have fallen into depression, or gone into alcoholism, or substance / drug abuse? where's the empathy for those kids who have to spend all day at home with an abusive parent because the doors to their schools are closed? Where's the empathy for the the cancer patient who is too afraid to seek treatment because all the media keeps showing is everyone who dies but never the recovery rates? Where's the empathy for the high school kids who are depressed and don't come out of their rooms?

As individuals my wife and i have not been impacted by the shut downs and restrictions. We are both employeed and our paychecks have not changed and by me transitioning to full time remote working it has allowed my wife to launch a small business because i am now around all day to help with the kids and dog. However, i see beyond the 4 walls of my house and how so many other people have been affected by the indirect impacts of the shutdowns and restrictions. As a parent, i saw both my kids (5 and 8) struggle in the spring when we initially shut down as their behavior changed from not knowing that when they got off the bus that Friday afternoon it would be months before they could see their friends. My local town's facebook page is full of parents saying how their teenage kids are depressed and begging the town to let them go back to school. Where's the empathy for them?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
We operate on feelings, emotions and opinions, instead of facts and figures. The internet has turned everybody into an “expert” to the point of national paralysis.

If we all whined and argued with each other about everything in 1941 like we do today, we would have never won that war.

Think of it: if we had lost the war, today Jeeps would be as fun and exciting to drive as a Mitsubishi...or a Ford!

We would be the ones waiting 20 years for FCA to bring back the Wrangler...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
We now follow feelings and opinions, instead of facts and figures. The internet has turned everybody into an “expert” to the point of national paralysis.

If we all whined and argued with each other about everything in 1941 like we do today, we would have never won that war.

Think of it: if we hadn’t win the war, today Jeep would be as fun and exciting to drive as a Mitsubishi...or a Ford!

We would be the ones waiting 20 years for FCA to bring back the Wrangler...
I think the internet is creating and growing a schism that I’m not sure we have the ability to bridge. I literally don’t know how to even discuss political ideals with people I disagree with anymore since people are so entrenched and close-minded. On all sides. (I consider myself a “radical centrist”) It honestly terrifies me and this thread exemplifies it because after 3 pages of discussion nobody has learned anything new.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I think the internet is creating and growing a schism that I’m not sure we have the ability to bridge. I literally don’t know how to even discuss political ideals with people I disagree with anymore since people are so entrenched and close-minded. On all sides. (I consider myself a “radical centrist”) It honestly terrifies me and this thread exemplifies it because after 3 pages of discussion nobody has learned anything new.
I consider myself a centrist as well.

I don’t know either. My hope is that we, collectively, will figure it out...before it’s too late.

Older people seem more likely to believe the disinformation going on online. My hope is, as a new generation that grew up with the Internet replaces the old, they will bring with them a better sense of what information and sources to believe, and which ones to dismiss.

Which brings me back back into topic: IMO Ford has hyped Bronco to the point that it has become impossible to tell fact from fiction anymore. The more it delays the actual launch, the more people will split between those who grow bored and skeptical, and those who raise their expectations and wait impatiently.

This is why I stopped watching the endless Bronco videos popping up on YouTube: I felt like I was being played.

Bring the damn thing out already or shut up.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Just read that more people killed themselves during the month of October in Japan than died of Covid in 2020 in that country. It’s a serious virus, but I think the vulnerable should be warned and let the rest of us cautiously carry on in a way that leaves minimal damage.
As of today business travelers from only the countries below are allowed to enter Japan. The list contains both rich countries and lower income countries. It is a clear example that countries whose citizens and government were able to find a workable unity in their approach to fighting the disease have managed to contain it enough to at least also provide some modicum of normalcy of business. Oddly, if Ford had sourced more of its Bronco parts from Japan and Korea maybe there would have been feeer delays. I’m not second guessing Ford; hindsight is 20/20.

The politicization of the disease has worsened the social and economic harm to the USA. Although the lethality of the disease is now known to be “only” 6 times greater than the typical flu that is still enough to cause a strain on the health care system.

My coworker’s mother died of COVID in the UK. She received no care for it. When her nephew called for an ambulance they refused to pick her up. No hospital, public or private, would take her because she was elderly and they wanted to reserve beds for patients that had higher likelihood of surviving if they received care. We generally don’t do this in the US. Some patients in Texas are being airlifted far away if the local hospitals fill up.

There is clearly a provable causal connection between social behavior and community infection rates. Even though the lethality is not as bad as originally expected from the numbers in Northern Italy, we still have the sad fact that 3000+ Americans are dying each day because of this virus.

The next political battle will be vaccination. Some will argue about individual freedom to reject the vaccine. However you generally need 70% ~ 90% of a population to have some sort of immune protection in order for that population to have herd immunity sufficient to bring the community transmission rate under control so that we can return to normal. If enough people reject the vaccine then we will likely continue to have COVID restrictions in place.

• Cambodia
  • Laos
  • Malaysia
  • Myanmar
  • Taiwan
  • Thailand
  • Vietnam
  • Brunei
  • Singapore
  • South Korea

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Seing how preorders are heigh, you are 100% guaranteed not to be able to purchase and receive Bronko in 2021. You might be able to get one in 2022.
No, there is bound to be many up for grabs to those who didn't reserve. But they will have someone else's name on the window sticker.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
When managing a portfolio of products you don’t want to announce the future product too early and freeze the market for your current products. But the Bronco is a net new offering from Ford that has little overlap with their current portfolio. The Explorer stopped being an SUV many years ago. In this case as long as Ford can continue sowing doubt in the minds of some would-be Wrangler buyers I see little downside to their continued hype (from a business perspective). I don’t think they care one iota if their vapor ware marketing is pissing off the Jeep faithful. Or maybe they actually revel in goading the fanboys.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.